2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! Quick question for the current students! So I know they gave us a copy of the curriculum but I was hoping you guys could shed a little more light on it! So you guys take pharmacology I with clinical medicine I, does the pharmacology you learn in that quarter directly correlate to the clinical medicine and body systems you're covering in that semester or is it kind of random? I guess I'm asking if it's more system based to where all your classes each quarter are tied together or if you're doing pharmacology for cardio while clinical medicine for neuro! Does that make sense? Haha hopefully it does! ???? any input is greatly appreciated!!

Hey all! Quick question for the current students! So I know they gave us a copy of the curriculum but I was hoping you guys could shed a little more light on it! So you guys take pharmacology I with clinical medicine I, does the pharmacology you learn in that quarter directly correlate to the clinical medicine and body systems you're covering in that semester or is it kind of random? I guess I'm asking if it's more system based to where all your classes each quarter are tied together or if you're doing pharmacology for cardio while clinical medicine for neuro! Does that make sense? Haha hopefully it does! any input is greatly appreciated!!

The pharm lectures will typically follow the organ system you guys are learning about.

For example session 1 there is no pharm and all you learn is basic sciences (DO year 1 courses).

Session 2 you'll go the cardiology, EKG, dermatology, endocrinology, GI and pulmonology. Your pharm course will cover most the drugs for the conditions discussed, but you'll learn antibiotics in your 4th session.

Session 3 and session 4 follows the same theme as session 2.

Nope...nothing. Beginning to think they forgot about us

It's a Jewish school so they celebrate the Jewish holidays which are happening right now. Don't expect anything until November at this point.

The school is also between sessions.

This is the last week of didactic year for the c/o 2017 and they're working on their clinical rotations being finalized which start first week of November (2 weeks from now).

The class of 2016 is going to be on campus next two weeks being prepped for PANCE and getting ready to graduate. This comes with its own set of requirements and loads of administrative work.

Class of 2018 is going through finals and they're figuring out who needs to be remediate and etc.

In otherwords, they're busy. Be patient and they'll get to you. Most likely in November.

Best of luck to those still waiting to get in.

PS: Michael lurks these forums and is reading everything you guys write.

It's a Jewish school so they celebrate the Jewish holidays which are happening right now. Don't expect anything until November at this point.

This is the last week of didactic year for the c/o 2017 and they're working on their clinical rotations being finalized which start first week of November (2 weeks from now).

The class of 2016 is going to be on campus next two weeks being prepped for PANCE and getting ready to graduate. This comes with its own set of requirements and loads of administrative work.

Class of 2018 is going through finals and they're figuring out who needs to be remediate and etc.

In otherwords, they're busy. Be patient and they'll get to you. Most likely in November.

That is awesome that he looks at the forum!! 

If the last interview is in November, and they still haven't responded to us, should we not get our hopes up then? 

If the last interview is in November, and they still haven't responded to us, should we not get our hopes up then?

That's a great question. I'm not sure how much things have change from when I graduated last November (2015), but there typically is another group of interviews after November. Michael is really good at getting back via email (not so much by phone). I'd throw him a message and update him with any changes to your stats and improvements since your initial caspa was submitted and kindly ask him what the current status is of your application.

Hi. Long time lurker here. After reading this, I thought I would finally create an account and share my thoughts.

First off, I know you think you are a big important PA now that you're done with PA school and out in the real world, but you don't need to publicly write such condescending comments to others who are trying to get to where you are. Instead, you should be encouraging all of us with support and words of wisdom. Seeing that Touro has a religious affiliation, I would be surprised if they didn't already teach you this. Maybe not well enough? However you conduct yourself to others is a direct reflection of your school and your education. When you write stuff like this in a public place for people to see you are not being a good representation of your school or the PA profession. Honestly, I think you should be ashamed of yourself. If this is the type of PA that Touro makes, I am going to call them up tomorrow morning (not a Jewish Holiday, I checked) and withdraw my application after giving them a detailed explanation as to why. I also feel the need to comment on the deadlines given to me from this school and the others I applied to. Touro is the ONLY school that gave me a deadline and has not abided to it. Every single other school I applied to has gotten back to me within the time frame specified. No excuses...no BS. What does this say about Touro? Not only is it extremely unprofessional, but I would be very apprehensive to attend a school that can't even meet a simple deadline and continuously makes up excuses for why it can't. How do we know the entire curriculum/schedule isn't just as disorganized and thrown together? So in conclusion what I am trying to say is, you writing stuff like this for the world to see doesn't help anyone. It doesn't help students applying to PA school. It doesn't help you (unless it makes you feel better about yourself?). And it sure as heck doesn't help the school which you're representing.

Shalom

Hi. Long time lurker here. After reading this, I thought I would finally create an account and share my thoughts.

First off, I know you think you are a big important PA now that you're done with PA school and out in the real world, but you don't need to publicly write such condescending comments to others who are trying to get to where you are. Instead, you should be encouraging all of us with support and words of wisdom. Seeing that Touro has a religious affiliation, I would be surprised if they didn't already teach you this. Maybe not well enough? However you conduct yourself to others is a direct reflection of your school and your education. When you write stuff like this in a public place for people to see you are not being a good representation of your school or the PA profession. Honestly, I think you should be ashamed of yourself. If this is the type of PA that Touro makes, I am going to call them up tomorrow morning (not a Jewish Holiday, I checked) and withdraw my application after giving them a detailed explanation as to why. I also feel the need to comment on the deadlines given to me from this school and the others I applied to. Touro is the ONLY school that gave me a deadline and has not abided to it. Every single other school I applied to has gotten back to me within the time frame specified. No excuses...no BS. What does this say about Touro? Not only is it extremely unprofessional, but I would be very apprehensive to attend a school that can't even meet a simple deadline and continuously makes up excuses for why it can't. How do we know the entire curriculum/schedule isn't just as disorganized and thrown together? So in conclusion what I am trying to say is, you writing stuff like this for the world to see doesn't help anyone. It doesn't help students applying to PA school. It doesn't help you (unless it makes you feel better about yourself?). And it sure as heck doesn't help the school which you're representing.

Shalom

I've never met Timon, but from everything I've read of him on this forum, I feel honored to be going to the same program he graduated from. Go back and read his posts; he's probably the most encouraging and understanding person on this forum. If you feel that his post was condescending, you may need to get a thicker skin. He's telling the truth--it's a busy time right now at the program. I'm sorry you haven't been dealt with as quickly as you would like. I was in the same boat applying last year, and I know that waiting is extremely frustrating. I wish you the best of luck, but there's no need to insult people on public forums. I don't know you, but I think you're better than that.

First off, I know you think you are a big important PA now that you're done with PA school and out in the real world, but you don't need to publicly write such condescending comments to others who are trying to get to where you are.

What was condescending in my post?

Alerting those waiting to hear back of what the faculty is tied up with?

Mentioning school closures due to Jewish holidays?

Or the fact I'm alerting you all to be mindful of your comments as those involved in admissions may be reading these posts?

What makes you think I view myself as a "big important PA?"

Sounds like you have personal frustrations and may be making a rash decision. Whatever it may be, best of luck to you.

I also feel the need to comment on the deadlines given to me from this school and the others I applied to. Touro is the ONLY school that gave me a deadline and has not abided to it. Every single other school I applied to has gotten back to me within the time frame specified. No excuses...no BS. What does this say about Touro? Not only is it extremely unprofessional, but I would be very apprehensive to attend a school that can't even meet a simple deadline and continuously makes up excuses for why it can't...

Let's be honest here, this is why you are upset. Thanks for lashing out at me. You should ask yourself how are you going to handle patients and coworkers who get under your skin? Time to grow up and develop some thicker skin.

Shalom

Shalom

not sure Why you are upset but Timon posts helped me when I was waiting last year. his posts on here are the most helpful information I came across !  Although I've never met the guy Im pretty sure he is a top notch 

Archived