2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for what I said in an earlier post. I got a call from Dr. Tobin yesterday and was accepted. Same goes for a friend of mine that coincidentally interviewed the same day (9/20). I guess they decided not to make us wait until after Thanksgiving to find out. 

Best of luck to all of those in limbo. You never know what might happen with any of the schools that you've applied to. 

Don't be encouraged guys ! This week and next week PA department is busy with end of first session finals of our class and also 2017 is going on their first clinical rotation soon . You guys will hear something soon. I was in the same boat last year so I know how it feels. Best of luck to everyone

HADCR Congratulations ! Could I ask if you also received an email from Michael  for acceptance?

Thank you! Yes, Dr. Tobin mentioned during the phone call that I should be receiving an email within the next week... Which took all of 10 minutes from the time I hung up the phone. Very quick turnaround. 

To all those who were put on the wait list! Don't lose hope! I was originally put on the wait list (I interviewed in the second group in August) and received an acceptance email last Thursday! So apparently they are starting to pull students from the wait list... Hang in there!! :)

What about the people who have yet to hear back? I'm still waiting to know if I have been rejected or invited to interview.

I'm with ya...this is ridiculous. Honestly I would have preferred a flat out rejection if they are going to take this long and drag us along

I am not sure :( it seems to just be an unpredictable waiting game. When I talked to Michael when I first found out I was waitlisted he said plan on hearing in Nov. OR Dec. So I was really surprised when I got that email. Hopefully you guys will hear this week! Crossing my fingers for you.

I am not sure :( it seems to just be an unpredictable waiting game. When I talked to Michael when I first found out I was waitlisted he said plan on hearing in Nov. OR Dec. So I was really surprised when I got that email. Hopefully you guys will hear this week! Crossing my fingers for you.

Did you interview August 23rd? I interviewed that day, and was also waitlisted. I hope to hear from them sooner than November or December! Congrats to you. Gives me hope that someone from the waitlist has already heard something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard back yet, but I think I may email later today if I still haven't heard anything. I contacted him three weeks ago after going to the info session, he told me that decisions would have been out by the next week (which is now past news). I'll post here if I get any email news from him.

Maleeka11, yes, I called him last week and he said that the program director still doesn't know what to do with the limbo applicants. He doesn't want to reject/interview them quite yet. Michael said that he told the director to "hurry up and decide" because the limbo applicants really need to know one way or the other. And I agree. 

For all of us that were accepted from the first round of acceptances we had two weeks from the date on our acceptance letter to pay our deposit, which was yesterday! So those who were waitlisted could definitely be hearing things soon as people either had to accept or deny their spot yesterday!

Maleeka11, yes, I called him last week and he said that the program director still doesn't know what to do with the limbo applicants. He doesn't want to reject/interview them quite yet. Michael said that he told the director to "hurry up and decide" because the limbo applicants really need to know one way or the other. And I agree.

Thanks for the info!! They have a waitlist so I don't see why they would want to interview more people but I'll keep the faith alive!

Archived