2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was CASPA verified 5/10, got my supplemental on 5/11 and turned it in that day. I got verification of a complete application and under review on 5/19. That's kind if been the timeline for me.

Ok, thank you that helps me sort out a timeline for myself. I just submitted my supplemental on 5/25 and my caspa wasnt verified until 5/24 so i received the supplemental the next day as well. So i'm hoping to hear something soon. Good luck to you again <3!! 

@hilaryJ

Congrats on your interview! When did you submit your supplemental? 

Hey HilliaryJ,

I had a similar timeline as you! I haven't received an interview as of yet, so maybe we JUST missed the first interview session. Hopefully we'll get on on the next session. Good luck!!

Verified 05/23, submitted the supp. on 5/24. Hope I hear something about an interview soon! Good luck to everyone who's gotten an interview so far. 

This is my top choice as I relocated from Virginia this time last year and would love to stay in the area. I am also applying to MWU.. anyone else applying to other schools?

CASPA Verified: 5/5

Supplemental submitted & paid: 5/11

Supplemental verified: 5/19

cGPA: 3.42

sGPA: 3.63

PCE: 2715 Hours (MA, scribe, CNA)

HCE: 450 Hours (Volunteer)

Volunteer unrelated to healthcare: 165 Hours

PA Shadowing: 31

4 LORs: 1 PA, 1 Clinic Director (old boss), 1 professor, 1 DPT (volunteered as PT aide)

Congrats to everyone who has been invited for interviews already, that's awesome! I was looking for some advice...unfortunately I am currently taking Biochem and so I cannot submit my application yet for Touro. I'm nervous ill submit it too late once I take my final, get a final grade and transcripts get sent and verified. CASPA will allow me to submit my application now but not sure if Touro will even look at it. Touro is my number 1 and I want to do all I can to get my application in. Has anyone heard of them making exceptions? All the other PA programs allow prerequisites to be in progress...

Congrats to everyone who has been invited for interviews already, that's awesome! I was looking for some advice...unfortunately I am currently taking Biochem and so I cannot submit my application yet for Touro. I'm nervous ill submit it too late once I take my final, get a final grade and transcripts get sent and verified. CASPA will allow me to submit my application now but not sure if Touro will even look at it. Touro is my number 1 and I want to do all I can to get my application in. Has anyone heard of them making exceptions? All the other PA programs allow prerequisites to be in progress...

The did not accept any application unless all requirements met !  as far as it being late keep in mind Touro is on rolling admission ( first come first serve ) but they have two interview sessions. during my year , they picked 100 students and interviewed 5 groups ( 18-20 people ) then they chose 30 ish. then interviewed the second round of candidates ( including the MHS students ) so there is still time ( don't wait too long though )   

Hi Future PA Colleagues,

I submitted CASPA on 5/16 and was verified 5/19. My secondary was completed on 5/23 and Touro confirmed receipt of application on 5/26. Congrats to people in the first interview group. I hope I'm not too late to potentially be offered an interview before all seats are filled. When I read that interviews are starting towards the end of June I got a little panicked that maybe I missed the boat.

The did not accept any application unless all requirements met ! as far as it being late keep in mind Touro is on rolling admission ( first come first serve ) but they have two interview sessions. during my year , they picked 100 students and interviewed 5 groups ( 18-20 people ) then they chose 30 ish. then interviewed the second round of candidates ( including the MHS students ) so there is still time ( don't wait too long though )

Thank you so much for that! What's the time frame for those interview groups? I'm trying to finish this class ASAP so I can get my application in!!

Hi Future PA Colleagues,

I submitted CASPA on 5/16 and was verified 5/19. My secondary was completed on 5/23 and Touro confirmed receipt of application on 5/26. Congrats to people in the first interview group. I hope I'm not too late to potentially be offered an interview before all seats are filled. When I read that interviews are starting towards the end of June I got a little panicked that maybe I missed the boat.

Hey! Similar timeline as you. I am assuming we missed the first interview session only because of the time we applied. I had a friend who applied Early July last year and still got an interview so there is still hope :) 

This will be my second time applying. Last year I put in my primary wayyyy late in the game like around August a few weeks before the deadline and was told they had already filled up. 

oneloverach:

It's nice to chat with people and compare notes. I was told by an applicant last year that he was invited for an interview in the late Fall but it was for waitlist. I'm really glad I applied early and just hope that interview invites come soon! Did your friend who applied in July get offered a seat not long after the interview? This is my first time applying to Touro.

Hey there:)

I'm glad we can all compare notes on here as well!

My friend told me she applied in July and was told she had an interview a month later then received a call that someone had cancelled their interview and she went in a week later..interviewed and later that weekwas told she got accepted!

The did not accept any application unless all requirements met !  as far as it being late keep in mind Touro is on rolling admission ( first come first serve ) but they have two interview sessions. during my year , they picked 100 students and interviewed 5 groups ( 18-20 people ) then they chose 30 ish. then interviewed the second round of candidates ( including the MHS students ) so there is still time ( don't wait too long though )   

Hi Nucmed (current PA17 here),

I'm assuming you're an incoming PA18...while those requirements were true for your 2015-2016 CASPA application cycle, they have now changed for the 2016-2017 CASPA application cycle. 

Hi Maleeka11!

You can absolutely submit your application with a course still in progress...in fact, you can submit it with TWO courses in progress! You just need to finish them before the program begins (July 2017). As I said to Nucmed above, the requirements for his class (starting in July 2016) were different from the requirements we now have for the class you're applying for. We had to submit our program requirements to CASPA in January for the 2016-2017 application cycle and have since hired a new director who has made some changes to them. Unfortunately, CASPA would not allow us to change these requirements on their portal, but they are changed on our website. Please make sure to always check our website for the most up to date information and feel free to submit your application ASAP! Just make sure to send your updated transcripts to us when you finish the course :) Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

https://tun.touro.edu/prospective-students/admissions/applying-for-admission/pa-admission/

I'm assuming you're an incoming PA18...while those requirements were true for your 2015-2016 CASPA application cycle, they have now changed for the 2016-2017 CASPA application cycle.

Hi Maleeka11!

You can absolutely submit your application with a course still in progress...in fact, you can submit it with TWO courses in progress! You just need to finish them before the program begins (July 2017). As I said to Nucmed above, the requirements for his class (starting in July 2016) were different from the requirements we now have for the class you're applying for. We had to submit our program requirements to CASPA in January for the 2016-2017 application cycle and have since hired a new director who has made some changes to them. Unfortunately, CASPA would not allow us to change these requirements on their portal, but they are changed on our website. Please make sure to always check our website for the most up to date information and feel free to submit your application ASAP! Just make sure to send your updated transcripts to us when you finish the course :) Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

https://tun.touro.edu/prospective-students/admissions/applying-for-admission/pa-admission/

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I read the requirements months ago before CASPA opened and I don't think it was updated then. Thank you!!!! Just submitted! Hoping for a supplemental application soon!

Hi Maleeka11!

https://tun.touro.edu/prospective-students/admissions/applying-for-admission/pa-admissi

Thats great ! i knew we got a New Dean but didnt know about the requirement changes. 

I actually got a call from the person who was reviewing my CASPA application in admissions regarding a question about my gre scores, and long story short during my conversation with him I did ask when people would be hearing back regarding their application status and he said sometime this week or so (this was last Thursday when I spoke with him) so hopefully some of us will be hearing back soon! I'm hoping that him taking the time to call me was a good sign cause he ended up being really impressed with my scores. Good luck everyone!!

I didn't think Touro University required GRE scores? I'm a little confused...

Submitted CASPA 6/3, verified and received supplemental app 6/6, submitted that day! Waiting to hear back...4-6 weeks will be way too long but hoping that the timing works out (not knowing the new requirements and submitting later because I thought I had to complete my class). I'm moving to Nevada this month...fingers crossed!! Good luck to everyone

Archived