2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my first rejection letter! Unfortunately lol.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why?

3.50 total gpa.

A's in all my prereqs taken so far

Thousands of HCE hours as a surgical tech

5 LORs from physicians

40 hours of shadowing exp

Only thing I can think of is my BA is still in progress and won't be finished till December and I had yet to finish O Chem and Biochem.

Got my first rejection letter! Unfortunately lol.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why?

3.50 total gpa.

A's in all my prereqs taken so far

Thousands of HCE hours as a surgical tech

5 LORs from physicians

40 hours of shadowing exp

Only thing I can think of is my BA is still in progress and won't be finished till December and I had yet to finish O Chem and Biochem.

I got rejected too :(

For you, did you have a letter of rec from a PA? I know some schools will specify that specifically

Stay positive guys! If it was easy, everyone would do it! It's a rewarding and fulfilling career and it will all be worth it!

They mentioned in the information session that they really like to see your O Chem grade so that could be a part of it...

I was verified 6/6 and still haven't heard anything :/

Congrats to those who got an interview invite yesterday!

I got rejected too :(

For you, did you have a letter of rec from a PA? I know some schools will specify that specifically

No PA LOR, I figured 5 physician letters would do the trick. Also, the did not specifically ask for one from a PA.

Ya, my only guess is by not having those other courses completed they put me on the bottom.

I found/researched this school after I sent in my initial batch of CASPA applications which puts me at a downfall for submitting late. But I figured I would post the timeline so far because everyone has been getting quick turnaround time that applied early and it has not been the case for me, as expected from a probably huge influx of apps. So for anyone who applied later perhaps will have an idea.

CASPA submitted/verified: June 30th

TUN Supplemental invite/sent: July 11th (I happened to check my email right when it came and turned it in an hour later)

TUN Received/Under Review Email: July 19th.

Needless to say its taking a week versus a couple days now. I'm expecting if I do get an interview invite, it will be closer to the 4-6 weeks than the 1 week some people saw on here.

I just got the confirmation email that I will be interviewing on September 20! I'm excited :) In case anyone was wondering, I submitted my supplemental on 6/25 and got the interview invite email on 7/15.

Thank you for sharing and congratulations. Just  to double check is 06/25 when you received the notice that your application was under review or the day you submitted the app? For me these dates are about a week and a half apart. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for sharing and congratulations. Just  to double check is 06/25 when you received the notice that your application was under review or the day you submitted the app? For me these dates are about a week and a half apart. Thanks in advance.

6/25 is the day I submitted the supplemental. I received the email that my application was under review on 7/5.

It's been 7 weeks since I submitted my application. Does anyone recommend I reach out to admissions or Michael? I checked the online application system and there wasn't an update. I'm just anxious and curious why I haven't heard anything yet. This is my number 1 choice for school and I feel so helpless!

Archived