Owning a "Practice" vs "Service" as per AAPA

Getting some advice from my state APA that legally it sounds more kosher to refer to my House Calls business as a "Service" rather than "practice". Any thoughts about this?

I am hatching a business:  providing a " service to Doctors" So, marketing to them. Huge interest so far whom ever i approach. 

=

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In my experience, the physicians are not very open. But, marketing it as a 'service' is good. 

I have a house call practice, and every doc I speak to behaves disinterested, even get a far away look in the eye. (I'm not kidding!!)  

Hospitals are always looking for 'transitional care'. Just to get a foot in the door!

Believe me, I am not one to downplay my role as a competent provider. But, if there is one thing I've learned in life, you can use what you have and still stay true to yourself.

I've lost positions because I knew I was 'right', and stuck to my guns. It didn't feed my family. 

You are right. I PRACTICE. You practice. We, PAs practice.  But, within the practice, we are offering services. Which is what we bill for....it's all semantics. Right?

Archived