2015-2016 application cycle

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For any of you who live in the Phoenix area and haven't visited campus yet, we're having an open house on November 7th. There will be quite a few first year PAs available to speak with if you have any questions. Or feel free to message me here if you want to know more about the program! This quarter is busy but I answer when I can!

-Megan

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's no problem at all! That all sounds very promising. If you are on the wait list I believe you won't have a generated matriculation agreement. So if you do, you're in! Have you had the chance to call admissions? Hope you get good news!

Jcswierski,

Sorry I did not respond sooner, but I did call the next morning and was in fact accepted! I am pretty pumped! Thanks for all of your help. Are you part of the 2016 class?

Hi guys I'm new to this forum. I'm still waiting for my GRE official results. I wanted to ask some questions about admissions. Honestly i was not planning to file application for this coming year but i have the chance to finish on time. So due to this situation, I had to take the GRE with no prep at all. My school schedule made it impossible. This is the first time i have ever taken the GRE in my life and of course it did not go that well for the expectations of this school. I got 149 on both and waiting for the essay part. I have a GPA of 4.0 in sciences and 3.96 overall, I study at the University of Arizona and working on a physiology major. I know Midwestern expect us to get at least 50%tile or above. Is anyone in the same boat and was able to get an interview. 

I appreciate your time. Thank you.

alamartin, I'm having the same worries. I also received an interview invite today, but as I already have another interview scheduled for 11/20, I will have to choose one of the December dates.

Hey Laser!

I wouldn't stress out too much about the number of seats that have been filled. From what I understand, a majority of the decisions will be made in December and January. If you'd like, I'd be happy to get together with you and other candidates that are coming into town to lend a hand for interview prep. Let me know!

Has anyone who interviewed on October 22nd or 23rd heard anything or seen any change on their portal? I know the comittee is meeting today, and I am getting anxious!

Hi Jamie.  I interviewed on the 22nd and I haven't seen a change on mine yet.  Granted it is only 1:16 pm Phoenix time.  Do you remember if they said all decisions would be made before lunch or if they would be meeting all day?  I feel your pain.  I am feeling the nerves as well.  Good luck!

Hi guys I'm new to this forum. I'm still waiting for my GRE official results. I wanted to ask some questions about admissions. Honestly i was not planning to file application for this coming year but i have the chance to finish on time. So due to this situation, I had to take the GRE with no prep at all. My school schedule made it impossible. This is the first time i have ever taken the GRE in my life and of course it did not go that well for the expectations of this school. I got 149 on both and waiting for the essay part. I have a GPA of 4.0 in sciences and 3.96 overall, I study at the University of Arizona and working on a physiology major. I know Midwestern expect us to get at least 50%tile or above. Is anyone in the same boat and was able to get an interview. 

I appreciate your time. Thank you.

Hi Eren, 

I'm not sure if the process is the same as last year, but from what I understand they put a pretty strong emphasis on academics, and GRE scores are fairly important for scoring an interview. I understood 50th percentile as being a minimum requirement. Again, I applied last year and am a current student, so I'm not sure if anything has changed. I also know that they're planning to finish interviews by January, and the December interview dates are filling up fast. My advice to you would be to study for the GRE, take it again, and apply next year. It may not be what you want to hear, but you have a much stronger chance of acceptance the earlier you apply in the cycle because slots are first come first serve.

Do you have clinical experience? That can hold a lot of weight as well if your GRE scores aren't as high. While you're studying, continue to build up your CE hours, the more the better. If you're in the area, they have an open house on 11/7 and many of us will be there and able to answer more questions. I hope this helps! 

Kindly, 

Megan 

Hi Eren, 

I'm not sure if the process is the same as last year, but from what I understand they put a pretty strong emphasis on academics, and GRE scores are fairly important for scoring an interview. I understood 50th percentile as being a minimum requirement. Again, I applied last year and am a current student, so I'm not sure if anything has changed. I also know that they're planning to finish interviews by January, and the December interview dates are filling up fast. My advice to you would be to study for the GRE, take it again, and apply next year. It may not be what you want to hear, but you have a much stronger chance of acceptance the earlier you apply in the cycle because slots are first come first serve.

Do you have clinical experience? That can hold a lot of weight as well if your GRE scores aren't as high. While you're studying, continue to build up your CE hours, the more the better. If you're in the area, they have an open house on 11/7 and many of us will be there and able to answer more questions. I hope this helps! 

Kindly, 

Megan 

Megan do you know if many of your classmates were initially put on the alternate list before they were offered admission?

Thanks

Megan do you know if many of your classmates were initially put on the alternate list before they were offered admission?

Thanks

Hi Patrick, 

Yes, a fair amount were accepted from the alternate list. It depends on those who accept a position and then later drop for another school and it also depends on interview groups. They look at the alternate list every week to see if there are people they would like to pull from it. Some interview groups do really well and they'll have more acceptances, and some groups will have maybe only one or two accepted and everyone else on the alternate list...  There are so many factors that go into it, though, it's hard to understand. But I know we had someone accepted the week before orientation, so there's always a possibility! 

Kindly, 

Megan 

Hi Eren, 

Kindly, 

Megan 

Hi Megan, I do have more than 2000 hr of direct patient care experience and at the moment I volunteer at the ER at a hospital. Also I'm going to start to shadow a Dr. that works for Midwestern and AT university. Well im gonna put the application anyways and wait for the "you are not good enough for our school" before i quit trying LOL. And yes, if that happen I will study for the next year admission. I really appreciate the time you took to respond. I will go to the open house on Nov. 7 and ask questions. 

Hi Megan, I do have more than 2000 hr of direct patient care experience and at the moment I volunteer at the ER at a hospital. Also I'm going to start to shadow a Dr. that works for Midwestern and AT university. Well im gonna put the application anyways and wait for the "you are not good enough for our school" before i quit trying LOL. And yes, if that happen I will study for the next year admission. I really appreciate the time you took to respond. I will go to the open house on Nov. 7 and ask questions.

That's great! I didn't mean to discourage you from applying, I just k ow slots are filling quickly. I do think your hours are great. They put more weight on hours you are paid for than volunteer hours and shadowing, but experience in various environments looks good too. Best of luck to you and I'll potentially see you at the open house!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I got an interview invite this morning! I can't believe it! I thought for sure I was out of the running, as I was verified early July and hadn't heard anything from them. Don't give up hope!

Congrats!

If you have any questions or would like to meet when you come into town for you're interview, feel free to PM me!

I had my interview on Oct. 23rd. Overall I loved the vibe of not only the campus but the faculty and students as well. I found out I was accepted on Monday, and I am SO EXCITED! It will be a big move for me from CA, especially with two horses coming along with me, but I know this school is the perfect fit. I have tried to find the facebook group online, but have not been successful. Can someone message me the group link? Thanks!

I had my interview on Oct. 23rd. Overall I loved the vibe of not only the campus but the faculty and students as well. I found out I was accepted on Monday, and I am SO EXCITED! It will be a big move for me from CA, especially with two horses coming along with me, but I know this school is the perfect fit. I have tried to find the facebook group online, but have not been successful. Can someone message me the group link? Thanks!

Sent you a message. 

Archived