2015-2016 application cycle

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am interviewing December 11th and am super excited for the opportunity! Does anyone have advice for the interview or what they are especially looking for in their candidates. This is my top choice and any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I think Jover87 wrote about his experience on the previous page in this thread.  That might help put you at ease a bit.  What I remember from when I interviewed, everyone there was just trying to get you to relax and present the best version of yourself.  Aside from that, I'm going to bite my tongue on this subject.  I don't want to say anything else that might stress you out or mislead you in any way.  Best and of luck with your interviews. 

Hi I just had a question about the waitlist and maybe to someone who was given a spot after being put on the waitlist...Does anyone know if you update your HCE hours and take another course while being waitlisted if it increases your chance of being accepted from the waitlist? And also how do they determine the waitlist is it ranked by your competitiveness (basically is there any way to know where you fall on the waitlist)?

Hi I just had a question about the waitlist and maybe to someone who was given a spot after being put on the waitlist...Does anyone know if you update your HCE hours and take another course while being waitlisted if it increases your chance of being accepted from the waitlist? And also how do they determine the waitlist is it ranked by your competitiveness (basically is there any way to know where you fall on the waitlist)?

I can't see how updating your HCE, courses, or volunteer experience can hurt you.  No clue if it made a difference in being accepted, but I updated my HCE and volunteer hours when I went through this process.  Unfortunately I don't remember if it was before or after I was interviewed.  As for everything else you asked, I don't know anyone with that information outside the admissions committee. 

I applied 10/1 right at the deadline and havent hear about supplement or interviews yet...have people that applied then heard anything back yet? i know i was a bit late but still. do they still have seats left? coming from CA

I received confirmation from Midwestern of the receipt of my application on 9/11. Got the wait list email on 10/23, haven't heard anything since.

I applied 10/1 right at the deadline and havent hear about supplement or interviews yet...have people that applied then heard anything back yet? i know i was a bit late but still. do they still have seats left? coming from CA

Don't lose hope! I applied on 10/1, got the email that my app was complete on the 13th, and received the email for an invite on the 27th! I didn't expect to hear back so quickly, especially given how late I applied.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also offered an interview last night! Scheduled mine for 12/11. Can't wait to meet everyone! Good luck to all.

And if anyone was wondering, my application was complete on 6/18. Don't lose hope!!

Congrats on getting an interview!  Hopefully you've been preparing and practicing your interviewing skills.   If not, you still have a few weeks before your big day.  I'll be seeing you guys on that Friday morning.  Good luck!

If you interviewed last week- check your portal. I got accepted!!! They didn't send me an email or call me, just on the portal, which is also how I found out about my interview. Now I just need to figure out if I can afford it...

CONGRATS!!!! I just checked and I'm in too!!!! I interviewed last week as well. This is my first choice and there's a 95% chance I'll be attending MWU! Can someone link me to the FB page? Thanks! 

Archived