2015-2016 application cycle

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I interviewed there on Thursday and I think I got accepted? I checked the portal and it looks like it! Congrats to everyone who got accepted or who got an interview!

Yeah it's kind of confusing because you don't get an e-mail or phone call. I guess there was a glitch in the system for a few of us and the deposit date was wrong. So I woke up to an email stating that I had rescinded my admission because I didn't accept it on time! I called and they said they would fix it. I think 4 people were affected. 

Yeah it's kind of confusing because you don't get an e-mail or phone call. I guess there was a glitch in the system for a few of us and the deposit date was wrong. So I woke up to an email stating that I had rescinded my admission because I didn't accept it on time! I called and they said they would fix it. I think 4 people were affected. 

I'm glad everything got fixed for you, it looks like the date for my deposit is correct. I also just got my official acceptance email! Can someone send me a message with the Facebook link please? Thanks!

Hey guys! My interview is coming up next week (12/10) and I'm so excited/nervous! I've been reading through the thread about what interview day is like but I was just curious, does anyone think it would be wise to read up on current events or healthcare reform-type stuff before my interview? By the looks of what I've been reading in this thread, the interview is pretty chill/laid back so I doubt I will, but just wanted to get advice from fellow applicants.

Can't wait to meet some of y'all next week! :D

Hey guys! My interview is coming up next week (12/10) and I'm so excited/nervous! I've been reading through the thread about what interview day is like but I was just curious, does anyone think it would be wise to read up on current events or healthcare reform-type stuff before my interview? By the looks of what I've been reading in this thread, the interview is pretty chill/laid back so I doubt I will, but just wanted to get advice from fellow applicants.

Can't wait to meet some of y'all next week! :D

I would say this is always a good idea!

Hey guys! My interview is coming up next week (12/10) and I'm so excited/nervous!  [...]  By the looks of what I've been reading in this thread, the interview is pretty chill/laid back so I doubt I will, but just wanted to get advice from fellow applicants.

Just a word of caution for those of you interviewing.  Although it's been described as "chill/laid back," this doesn't mean you should just show up and "wing it."  I believe the admin want you to relax while at the interview so they can meet the best version of you rather than a super nervous/stressed out interviewee.  Someone on the admissions committee has mentioned that on occasion they get applicants who show up completely unprepared.  If you're great at interviews then maybe you can get away with it, but I suggest at the very least you should prep yourself for common interview question.  I think it's helpful to do a mock interview or two with people who'll give you honest feedback and constructive criticism.

This reply isn't directed at anyone specific and certainly not to wuzup2032 who's seems to be preparing for the interview.  I just hate to see you guys work hard to get an opportunity to interview and not able to put your best foot forward.  Good luck!

Hey everyone, congratulations on your acceptances! I'm a first year and have been an ambassador at some of your interviews, it was nice to meet you all! If you still need a link to the FB group please let me know. So you are all aware, I believe there are only 6 interview dates left...2 in December and 4 in January. Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

@megan

Hi Megan! Do you happen to know how many of the 90 spots have been filled? And how many people are invited to each interview?

I have no clue how many spots have been filled, but usually 20-30 are invited to each interview. Keep in mind if you get wait listed it isn't the end of the world. People get pulled off that list all the way through April.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Those of you that have been accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?  Since it's hard to get feedback from admissions committees (I was put on the alternate list) I figured I'd play the game of trying to figure out where I am falling short by comparing my stats to those of applicants that have been accepted.  Maybe I can glean something and figure out how to improve if I have to apply again next cycle.  Thanks so much, and congrats to all of you

Those of you that have been accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?  Since it's hard to get feedback from admissions committees (I was put on the alternate list) I figured I'd play the game of trying to figure out where I am falling short by comparing my stats to those of applicants that have been accepted.  Maybe I can glean something and figure out how to improve if I have to apply again next cycle.  Thanks so much, and congrats to all of you

I have a BA and a Master's (unrelated)

GPA 3.7, science 3.6

29 years old

GRE V- 167

GRE Q- 159

Research coordinator- approx 600 hours direct care

Research coordinator- approx 12,000 hours indirect health care experience 

PA Shadowing- 20 hours

3 papers published, stats background

I got in to Midwestern, but I didn't even get an interview with NAU. I am thinking my research background and good GRE scores opened the door to Midwestern. Also, I think it did good (not amazing) on the interview. 

Good luck!

Archived