2015-2016 application cycle

Are there anymore interviews occurring for the school ? Does anyone know ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there!

Student ambassador and president of the 2017 class.

We have responsibilities with interviews through November at this point, there are quite a few scheduled and available dates between now and then!

Megan

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi there!

We have responsibilities with interviews through November at this point, there are quite a few scheduled and available dates between now and then!

Megan

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk[/quote

Thanks so much for replying Megan. I haven't heard anything yet, do you know when they send out the first denials ?

Anyone know if they are still interviewing? I haven't heard anything and my CASPA was verified on 8/28 along with the supplemental as well.

Stats:

Overall GPA: 3.78

Science GPA: 3.78

HCE: 450 Volunteer and working as an EMT currently

GRE: 156 verbal, 152 quantitative, 5.0 analytical 

Letters: Professors, work, PA

Hey! I was verified on the same day and have not heard anything yet but I did not send my supplemental in until a week or two later.  I got an email saying it was under review but thats it.  I'll keep you posted. 

Hi there!

Megan

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk[/quote

Thanks so much for replying Megan. I haven't heard anything yet, do you know when they send out the first denials ?

If you mean denials for interviews, you'll see one in January/February once all of the spots have been filled and they have enough to cover the wait list if someone ends up giving away their spot later. Typically they won't outright deny an interview unless you don't meet their minimum requirements for applying.

ame="BiologyPrePa" post="236937" timestamp="1443205818"]

If you mean denials for interviews, you'll see one in January/February once all of the spots have been filled and they have enough to cover the wait list if someone ends up giving away their spot later. Typically they won't outright deny an interview unless you don't meet their minimum requirements for applying.

Thanks Megan!

Has anyone figured out if they were accepted from yesterday's interview yet? I heard both the wait listed and accepted students show the Post-Accepted Matriculation/Payment part, but when I click on that, it says your information is currently being processed. 

Please let me know if you have figured out anything! It's killing me!

Has anyone figured out if they were accepted from yesterday's interview yet? I heard both the wait listed and accepted students show the Post-Accepted Matriculation/Payment part, but when I click on that, it says your information is currently being processed. 

Please let me know if you have figured out anything! It's killing me!

Hey K!

Does it show any information under accepted student checklist? From what I remember, and I hope very much that I'm remembering correctly for the sake of not getting your hopes up, I saw a similar change under the matriculation agreement when I was accepted. My advice is to give admissions a call in the morning to make sure. But I think you should be hopeful :) Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Hey K!

Does it show any information under accepted student checklist? From what I remember, and I hope very much that I'm remembering correctly for the sake of not getting your hopes up, I saw a similar change under the matriculation agreement when I was accepted. My advice is to give admissions a call in the morning to make sure. But I think you should be hopeful :) Let me know if you have anymore questions!

jcswierski,

I sure hope you are right! But I'm trying to keep calm and remember that I might just be on the wait-list.  And yes, when I click on the student checklist it shows my pre-requisites and what forms have and have not been received. I will definitely call them in the morning to confirm.

Thanks so much for your help!

jcswierski,

I sure hope you are right! But I'm trying to keep calm and remember that I might just be on the wait-list.  And yes, when I click on the student checklist it shows my pre-requisites and what forms have and have not been received. I will definitely call them in the morning to confirm.

Thanks so much for your help!

It's no problem at all! That all sounds very promising. If you are on the wait list I believe you won't have a generated matriculation agreement. So if you do, you're in! Have you had the chance to call admissions? Hope you get good news!

Hi! I have been accepted and am officially going to Midwestern and was hoping to find the facebook page. I have tried searching for it and have not had any luck. Hoping to talk to some other future Midwestern students! If anyone knows what the link or name is, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sarah

Hi Ashley,

I just recently completed my interviews at Midwestern in Glendale late September so maybe I can try to assist with any questions from an interviewee perspective.  As a disclaimer, I am far from an expert on the topic of interviews but hopefully I can help with some anxiety.

The interview day went as follows:

-Socialize with fellow applicants while waiting for others to arrive.

-~45 min presentation on the program and university.

-Everyone split into groups.  We had 27 applicants, 3 groups of 9 applicants.

-Two groups waited in the lobby to be called back for interviews.  Groups of 9 are split into 3 groups of 3 applicants for interviews.

-The other group went on a campus tour.  Groups rotated between waiting for interviews and campus tours.

-Interview was with 3 applicants and 2 interviewers and lasted about an hour.

-Lunch.

-1st year student QA panel.

-Conclusion/survey and home free.

Overall, the day went from 715am-115pm.  The interviews consisted of about 7-8 questions to us and they provided an opportunity to ask them questions afterwards.  We ended up asking them more questions than they asked us!  We simply rotated who answered the question first each time and, surprisingly, we had very different responses for most of the questions.  We were asked one 'scenario' type question where the three of us had to work together to come to an agreement regarding a decision which actually was a little fun.  Feel free to disagree with the others (I did!), but be sure to be respectful, professional, provide reasoning for your logic, and compromise.  They want to see your ability to think critically while maintaining a team centered approach.  Overall, it was very laid back and comfortable.  You will also hear back with a decision within a few weeks since they meet every couple of weeks for decisions.  My group was lucky because they met the next day and most of us knew barely 24 hours later!

As for advice, here is what I have to offer:

-Show up early. 15-25 mins would be ideal.

-Get comfortable by introducing yourself to other candidates.  It made for a much more enjoyable experience to be able to chat with others during down time, lunch, and the campus tour.  You will likely have a lot of down time so prepare to make a lot of friends.

-Enjoy it!  The staff are incredibly friendly and the entire process is amazingly straightforward.  After experiencing the process myself, I am embarrassed how anxious/nervous I was for the day. 

-Take advantage of the student QA panel.  There are no staff present and the students do not participate in the admissions decisions.  This is the time to be candid and ask those questions you didn't feel comfortable asking an admissions committee individual.

-Ask questions!  During the interviews, the campus tours, the presentation, you get my point.  Don't go crazy but remember you are interviewing them as well.  The school needs to be a good fit in both directions if you expect to succeed.

-Dress business professional.  Suits for guys, suits for women, suits all around.

-You do not need to bring a portfolio or resumes.  They even provide a water bottle in the event you get thirsty.

-If you need to bring your luggage or the like, that is completely acceptable.  You have an area to leave stuff like that while you are out and about.  Roughly 1/3 of the people there had something so don't feel hesitant if you have to do that.

That is about all I can think of.  Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to help.  I found these forums incredibly helpful while researching for my interviews so I hope I can return the favor.

Best of luck to all of you still interviewing!

Hi Tikvah18,

You have 2 weeks to place a deposit of $750.00 once you receive your acceptance notice.  You receive the acceptance notice a few days after the decision has been made, however, the system is updated the day the decision is made (or very close to).  If you are like me and do not want to wait those few extra days, spam refresh every day or so on your MWU portal page and if you have a "Matriculation Agreement" generated, then you are accepted.  I had my deposit paid three days before I received my acceptance notice via email.

Hope that helps!

Hi Jover87,

Thank you so much for all that information! As SamiH said, just knowing what to expect on that day will help to calm some of my nerves as well. I see you mentioned it isn't necessary to bring portfolios or resumes, is there anything we should plan on bringing with us?

Again, thank you for taking the time to help us out and congratulations on your acceptance!!

Wow, I'm glad I am being helpful! I wouldn't recommend bringing anything personally. I brought a portfolio with resumes and a notepad just in case and it ended up sitting in the waiting room all day so I didn't have to carry it everywhere. About the only thing I needed that day was my cell phone since we finished a bit earlier than planned. Definitely silence it though. They provide snacks and drinks in the morning and for lunch you get a voucher to spend so much in the cafeteria area so I can't think of anything that would be helpful to bring.

Archived