2015-2016 application cycle

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed on 8/13.  It was really laid back. There were 13 of us applicants. There was a brief presentation of the school then you either were given a tour of the campus or off to do your group interview. The interviews were in groups of 2 or 3 applicants with a panel of 3 members of the admissions committee. They put you way at ease and it really felt like more of a discussion guided by basic interview questions. No curveballs. They said we were going to have a scenario based question that we were to discuss as a group and present, but we ran out of time. The whole thing was about an hour. After that we had lunch followed by a Q&A with a panel of current students and then we were done. They told us the final decisions would be made on 8/19, which they were. Officially accepted! :)

I interviewed on 8/13.  It was really laid back. There were 13 of us applicants. There was a brief presentation of the school then you either were given a tour of the campus or off to do your group interview. The interviews were in groups of 2 or 3 applicants with a panel of 3 members of the admissions committee. They put you way at ease and it really felt like more of a discussion guided by basic interview questions. No curveballs. They said we were going to have a scenario based question that we were to discuss as a group and present, but we ran out of time. The whole thing was about an hour. After that we had lunch followed by a Q&A with a panel of current students and then we were done. They told us the final decisions would be made on 8/19, which they were. Officially accepted! :)

Thanks for sharing your experience & congrats!! 

Congratulations! That is awesome. And thank you for sharing! Do you remember around what time were you done? I want to make sure I will make it back to my hotel in time for my super shuttle pick up!

Perfect! Thank you! :) Did you do anything in particular to prepare? 

On another note, is anyone that is attending the September 3rd interview staying at the Drury Inn?! :) 

Not really. I didn't have much time to prepare so I was a bit nervous going in, however, the interview is very general and the questions are structured as a baseline for conversation to flow. I would just prepare clear reasons why you chose to apply to Midwestern's PA program and be able to articulate what will keep you motivated and not get burnout during the rigors of the didactic year. Honestly, just be yourself and avoid giving canned responses. Incorporate your personality as much as possible in order for them to remember you on selection day.

Not really. I didn't have much time to prepare so I was a bit nervous going in, however, the interview is very general and the questions are structured as a baseline for conversation to flow. I would just prepare clear reasons why you chose to apply to Midwestern's PA program and be able to articulate what will keep you motivated and not get burnout during the rigors of the didactic year. Honestly, just be yourself and avoid giving canned responses. Incorporate your personality as much as possible in order for them to remember you on selection day.

Thank you so much! You have been very helpful. and Congratulations again on your acceptance!

I interviewed on the 14th. It was pretty laid back... I wouldn't call it a conversation, but it wasn't an interrogation. All of the staff and faculty were really great, and they did try and put you at ease. Got a letter in the mail about a week later telling me that I have been placed on the alternate list. The only interview I had was with three other students and three faculty - there was no one-on-one part. Good luck to everyone in their interviews this week!

To reiterate what has already been said, the interview is pretty relaxed. I was there Thursday and the whole day went by pretty fast! I didn't count but I would say we had about 21ish applicants there and we were all interviewed in groups of three by 2 faculty members. The faculty seems great and our student ambassadors were very friendly and helpful as well. 

For anyone looking for a hotel, I stayed at the Drury Inn (the one suggested by Midwestern) and I was glad I did. They provide a shuttle to Midwestern and back for interviews and already know exactly where to take you and what time you need to get there. They leave at 7 AM and get you there around 7:20, which is plenty early for the 7:45 start time, and they give you a number to call when you finish up. Also, they have a free "kickback happy hour" at 5:30 every day with free food and drinks and they also have free breakfast in the morning at 6 AM. The only thing is they are about a mile away from any restaurants so you probably need to take a cab to get food if you don't like what they offer. But overall, they definitely made the day a more relaxed experience since I didn't have to rely on a cab or uber to get me to the interview!

I just checked my portal and there is an accepted student checklist now, which I believes means I am in! Kind of an anticlimactic way to find out but I'll take it! haha So check your portal! 

Is your deposit due tomorrow? It seems really soon to have to come up with that much money (I thought we'd have 2-3 weeks). 

Is your deposit due tomorrow? It seems really soon to have to come up with that much money (I thought we'd have 2-3 weeks). 

Woah! Yes, that wasn't there yesterday but it is today. Seems like that has to be a mistake, considering many people probably haven't even seen that they have been accepted. They also have that I don't have a bachelor's degree, so I'm going to call them today and I will ask about the deposit! 

I just spoke with admissions and they said that alternates will ALSO have an accepted student checklist but that only those who are accepted will have a matriculation agreement so check for that instead! Also, she said everyone will have a bachelor's degree listed as still needed at this point. I think it will remain that way until they receive our transcripts directly instead of just our CASPA version. 

I just spoke with admissions and they said that alternates will ALSO have an accepted student checklist but that only those who are accepted will have a matriculation agreement so check for that instead! Also, she said everyone will have a bachelor's degree listed as still needed at this point. I think it will remain that way until they receive our transcripts directly instead of just our CASPA version. 

This mayyy not be the case, I'm on the alternate list and I don't have an accepted checklist (never have). So who knows..? Haha. I also have the bachelor's degree missing - admissions told me that they don't clear that until official transcripts come in,

Archived