GPA 3.7, science 3.6

29 years old

GRE V- 167

GRE Q- 159

Research coordinator- approx 600 hours direct care

Research coordinator- approx 12,000 hours indirect health care experience 

PA Shadowing- 20 hours

3 papers published, stats background

I got in to Midwestern, but I didn't even get an interview with NAU. I am thinking my research background and good GRE scores opened the door to Midwestern. Also, I think it did good (not amazing) on the interview. 

Good luck!

Thanks so much for sharing your stats.  Mine are remarkably similar to yours down to the unrelated Master's degree and even the fact that I work as a Research Coordinator.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patrick,

Have you already tried to get in contact with the admission committee to ask for feedback? I'm on the alternate list as well and I also want to know what I should approve on if I need to reapply next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ashley,

I think I am going to call admissions today and see if they can provide any feedback.  I have been to 7 interviews now and my results are 3 wait lists, 2 Committee Holds (basically they hold off their decision until the end of all interviews), 1 no decision yet, and 1 denial.  It's been extremely difficult to get feedback from anyone.  The one where I was denied refuses to give feedback at any time, even after the cycle is complete.  One school will give feedback but they won't give it until April after the interview cycle is finished.  I even had one school, where I was wait listed, tell me straight up that I did well in the interview. Needless to say that left me wondering why in the world I was wait listed then.  

As soon as I talk to them I will let you know if they are willing to share information.  I am also going to ask the last planned Interview date and when they plan on having rankings for the alternate list.  Hopefully they should at least be able to share that.  

Patrick

Patrick,

Have you already tried to get in contact with the admission committee to ask for feedback? I'm on the alternate list as well and I also want to know what I should approve on if I need to reapply next year.

Hi Ashley,

So I just called Admissions and I received the following information.

1. The last interviews will be held in February.

2. Alternate rankings will be made after the last interviews.

3. Alternates are only reviewed again at the end of the interview cycle

4. We are allowed to receive feedback on our applications/interviews.  To do so send an email to admissions at admissaz@midwestern.edu.  They will route your email to your admissions counselor who will provide you with feedback.  

Hopefully the admissions counselors respond quickly to these types of emails, and more importantly I hope the information provided is helpful.

Best of luck.  Hopefully we both get in, if not at Midwestern at least at another school we like!

Patrick

Hi Ashley,

So I just called Admissions and I received the following information.

1. The last interviews will be held in February.

2. Alternate rankings will be made after the last interviews.

3. Alternates are only reviewed again at the end of the interview cycle

4. We are allowed to receive feedback on our applications/interviews. To do so send an email to admissions at admissaz@midwestern.edu. They will route your email to your admissions counselor who will provide you with feedback.

Hopefully the admissions counselors respond quickly to these types of emails, and more importantly I hope the information provided is helpful.

Best of luck. Hopefully we both get in, if not at Midwestern at least at another school we like!

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had much luck with getting feedback from the other schools. That must be a little frustrating, but it seems as though you still have a good chance at getting in somewhere next year! (3 wait lists are better than just one, which is where I'm at!)

That is really helpful, thank you for sharing all that information. I am glad to hear that Midwestern will share some feedback with us regarding our applications and interviews. I hope the information is helpful as well, I'll definitely be sending them an email.

Did they mention whether they share our rankings with us after they've been made?

Thank you and best of luck to you, too!

Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had much luck with getting feedback from the other schools. That must be a little frustrating, but it seems as though you still have a good chance at getting in somewhere next year! (3 wait lists are better than just one, which is where I'm at!)

That is really helpful, thank you for sharing all that information. I am glad to hear that Midwestern will share some feedback with us regarding our applications and interviews. I hope the information is helpful as well, I'll definitely be sending them an email.

Did they mention whether they share our rankings with us after they've been made?

Thank you and best of luck to you, too!

No problem Ashley,

It was a bit unclear whether or not they share our rankings with us.  My best guess is that they will.  After all our ranking on the wait list gives us a good idea of whether or not you need to start prepping for the next application cycle.  I am hopeful they will share it with us.

The admissions person I spoke with did tell me they almost always go deep into the alternate list, which is good news for us!

Patrick

No problem Ashley,

It was a bit unclear whether or not they share our rankings with us. My best guess is that they will. After all our ranking on the wait list gives us a good idea of whether or not you need to start prepping for the next application cycle. I am hopeful they will share it with us.

The admissions person I spoke with did tell me they almost always go deep into the alternate list, which is good news for us!

Patrick

Yeah, that's true and the earlier we know if we should start prepping for the next cycle, the better!

That is great news for us! I am still very hopeful :)

Those of you that have been accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?  Since it's hard to get feedback from admissions committees (I was put on the alternate list) I figured I'd play the game of trying to figure out where I am falling short by comparing my stats to those of applicants that have been accepted.  Maybe I can glean something and figure out how to improve if I have to apply again next cycle.  Thanks so much, and congrats to all of you

Patrick,

I interviewed back in September and was accepted. 

I have a BS

3.8 GPA, 3.6 science

GRE 312 total

I currently work full-time as a medical assistant and part-time as an EMT. I have approx. 1000 hours healthcare experience, 2500 hours direct patient care, and 100 hours of PA shadowing. 

I originally accepted the offer, but this week I made the difficult decision to give up my seat to attend a program much closer to home. I would expect quite a few people who originally accepted offers will accept seats in other programs due to cost (I'm a Texas resident where tuition is much cheaper) so don't give up hope!

Good luck to you and everyone else! I really loved Midwestern, and I know it's a great program! I just wish it were more affordable. 

Just saw I am on the alternate list. Fingers are crossed more spots open up soon! I have other interviews lined up but this school really stood out in my mind.

Do they reject anyone after the interview or are the only two options admittance or being placed on the alternate list at that point?

How do you tell in your portal if you are on the alternate list or accepted?

I interviewed on 12/11 and I now have an accepted student checklist, but for matriculation agreement is says "information is still being processed, check back tomorrow"..... Some people are saying alternates also have an accepted students checklist though so I'm not sure where I stand??

I was told a couple months ago that I was put on the alternate list and I have never had an accepted students checklist.  So either the admissions person I spoke to got it wrong and I was actually rejected, not all alternate students get a checklist, or you are accepted and the matriculation agreement will be there tomorrow.

I interviewed on 12/11 and I now have an accepted student checklist, but for matriculation agreement is says "information is still being processed, check back tomorrow"..... Some people are saying alternates also have an accepted students checklist though so I'm not sure where I stand??

You're in! I had the same thing show up in my portal, so I called admissions to clarify - and I am accepted!!!

I was told a couple months ago that I was put on the alternate list and I have never had an accepted students checklist.  So either the admissions person I spoke to got it wrong and I was actually rejected, not all alternate students get a checklist, or you are accepted and the matriculation agreement will be there tomorrow.

I'm also on the waitlist and never had an accepted student checklist. I don't believe alternates get them ( I have a letter stating I'm on the alternate list).

Just got the email that I've been accepted off the waitlist! I interviewed on September 3rd and found out I was on the "alternate" list on Sept 11th. I've already accepted a seat elsewhere and will be declining, so that will free up a spot for someone else. Good luck everyone!

Sent FB links to those of you who asked and were recently accepted. Congrats!

Also as an FYI to all of you, there are 2 interview groups left. Don't give up hope if you're on the alternate list! Many were accepted through the month of May in our class. I'm pretty sure they'll send out a letter notifying everyone once the class has filled, and an official rejection is sent just before classes start. Typically speaking, they don't send out a rejection after an interview, though they may deny someone an interview if they don't meet criteria. 

And if you have questions about financial aid, or you're worried about affordability, please don't hesitate to reach out! I'm making it on school loans with my family of 3, and you can definitely do it too. Job acceptance rate is basically 100% if you pass your boards, and there are so many places you can go that offer some sort of loan repayment or forgiveness plan! Best wishes to you all, and Merry Christmas!

Archived