Guest PALois

Guest PALois

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I will ask anyway since I really need some advice. Long story short, I took Anatomy and physiology I at a community college the first time and received a C and I also received a Withdraw in Anatomy and Physiology II. 

I will be transferring to a 4-year university this Fall 2015 as a junior and I am not sure if I should just retake Anatomy and Physiology at the University where it is offered as separate courses or if I should just retake them at the same community college again while I am enrolled at the university. 

I asked the PA programs I want to apply to and they have no preference on where you take your courses; however I am just worried that it will hinder my application to be taking community college courses while I am enrolled at a university since it may look like I am taking the easy way out. 

Any advice? Thanks! 

- Kate 

• Administrator

You're probably  over thinking it.  Most places don't care, and there are plenty of other valid reasons, like scheduling and tuition cost, why students would simultaneously take classes at both a university and a community college.

I asked the PA programs I want to apply to and they have no preference on where you take your courses; however I am just worried that it will hinder my application to be taking community college courses while I am enrolled at a university since it may look like I am taking the easy way out. 

- Kate 

When they said they have no preference, they most likely meant it. No one will ask you where you took your classes.

Guest PALois

Thank you everyone for the advice! I decided to just retake the courses at the CC since I am able to save a lot of money along the way and take evening classes while I obtain HCE. I double checked with the programs and they said they have students who completed every prerequisite at the CC and the only thing that matters is the grade received for the course and not the place. 

Archived