Want to retake a class after submitting application

Hello all!

I’m relatively new to this site and it’s my first time posting. I recently submitted my applications and I received an email yesterday from a school about my grade in Orgo 1. I got a C- (ugh. I know) and they said that they couldn’t substitute Orgo 2 for that requirement. They asked if I would be interested in retaking the course which I am interested in doing if it’ll increase my chances of getting in. 

My question is: how do I go about adding that to my application if I’m not taking the class until the fall? Should I call each program I applied to and tell them my intention of retaking it or should I just add it to my transcript on CASPA saying it’s in progress even though it won’t start until August?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you would add the course to your transcripts in CASPA as "In Progress/Planned" for Fall 2020.  Once you have completed the course, you will  be able to go back in and update with a grade.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By HopefullPA
      My parents don’t speak English and I have went to every doctors appointment with them since I was 15, can this count as some kind of experience? Also at work we hold food drives, collect items to make bags for cancer patients and buy Christmas presents for low income families. Can I count these as volunteering and if so how do I go about documenting the hours?
    • By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By mummygirl40
      Hello all, 
      I graduated back in 2014 w/ a B.S. in microbiology, during which I did not complete A&P I/II or psychology. I've done my research on my top schools and am aware that there is a time limit on the other prerequisites I have. Being that so many of my prerequisites will expire and/or have expired, what are some suggestions on what I should do? My main concern is the financial aspect of this endeavor, as I'd like to keep cost to a minimum. Most schools won't offer financial aid to non-degree seeking students, unless enrolled in a degree program. Taking classes at the community college sounds great, but my top program requires 6 credits of upper division biology credits to be taken at the university. Anyways, I'm hoping that an out of school for a long time / missing a few prerequisites / aspiring PA can be of help. Thanks! 🙂
    • By eluch15
      My CASPA application was recently verified 2 weeks ago. However, I am still completing some applications on CASPA and I was wondering how to go about updating my current HCE experience? I have a full-time job, so I already accumulated about 80 hours since my application was verified. Do I need add new HCE experience (with the same description) that is already listed as "till date"? Also, how do you update current experience (if at all)? Do you write the start time from which you started the job or the start date from which you last updated that type of experience from when the application was verified? 
    • By ydochoa22
      Hello Everyone, 
      I am finishing up my achievements section under CASPA and I have a lot of scholarships to include. I have more than 15 scholarships, some merit based and some need based. I don't know if I should include dollar amounts on the description. Some are as small $500 and some as high as $35K. I'm not sure the amounts are appropriate or relevant. I am honestly very proud of all of them because even a couple bucks helped me a great deal so I'm okay with listing. What is your take on this? 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More