...or How can I tweak it to get a better deal?

Base Salary: $85,000/yr (w/ pay for performance: Avg 18pts/day: 90K;  Avg 19pts/day: 95K; Avg 20pts/day: 100K)

2 yrs contract (employer or employee may terminate with written notice 90 days prior)

M-F, 45hrs/week + 2 weekend days/month (combination of Saturday: 7 hrs ...and/or... Sunday: 5hrs)

10 paid vacation days (5day/5days) + 6 paid national holidays (no roll-overs)

Paid Malpractice w/o Tail

Individual Medical benefit (without dental and vision)

No Paid Sick days and Time Off (if they fall outside of the "16 paid days")

401K negotiation after 1st year

Employee pays for License requirements (DEA, NCCPA, State Licence...)

• Administrator

I started in Family Med with the same base, but with 6 days CME, paid holidays (8?), 20 days vacation, 12 days sick, tail coverage, no weekends, no contract, no non-compete, no pay-for-performance, All licensing fees paid, $600 for memberships, $2k CME, family medical/dental/vision.

In other words, at the same base salary, I probably earn $30k more a year starting than that with a good benefits package.

...or How can I tweak it to get a better deal?

Base Salary: $85,000/yr (w/ pay for performance: Avg 18pts/day: 90K; Avg 19pts/day: 95K; Avg 20pts/day: 100K)

2 yrs contract (employer or employee may terminate with written notice 90 days prior)

M-F, 45hrs/week + 2 weekends/month (combination of Saturday: 7 hrs ...and/or... Sunday: 5hrs)

45 hrs a week + 2 weekends a month (totaling a max of 24 hrs/mo in weekend time according to the 7hr and 5hr sched) is 204 hrs/mo?

That's 2,448 hrs/yr (roughly).

And if you average 20 pts/day you get 100k? That's 40/hr.

If you average 19/day you get 95k that's 38/hr.

If you average 18/day you get 90k that's 36/hr.

And if you're at your base of 85k that's 34/hr.

Am I calculating this (roughly) right?

Do you know what most PAs average there? Is it feasible to see 20/day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Paula

I just heard of a new NP getting a job offer in F P starting at 95000, 6 weeks vacation, 1 week paid cme, 3000 for license and cme, full health benefits and 401k. All from my old employer who was taken over by a larger medical group. Not bad for 40 hrs a week. Also this is the type of salary all new grads should make imo.

I just heard of a new NP getting a job offer in F P starting at 95000, 6 weeks vacation, 1 week paid cme, 3000 for license and cme, full health benefits and 401k. All from my old employer who was taken over by a larger medical group. Not bad for 40 hrs a week. Also this is the type of salary all new grads should make imo.

Hot dog! I'll take that in a heartbeat.

45hrs/week + 2 Weekend days (forgot to mention)

So at your max package (194 hrs/mo) 20pts/day 100k/yr it would be $42/hr $43/hr at best.

At minimum (85k) and 192 hrs/mo it would be $36/hr.

Still seems low based on hours worked.

100k working a standard 40 hrs/wk is roughly 50/hr.

85k working 40 hrs/wk is 42/hr.

Just some numbers to keep in mind. You don't want to get burned out too fast for low pay, and this smells of that to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived