Letter of Recommendation from family friend

Hello everyone!

So I'm trying to decide if I should have my longtime family friend write a letter of recommendation for me. He would be able to attest to my clinical abilities because he is a fire chief in the city I worked in as an EMT.  He saw firsthand how I worked in a healthcare setting as we ran a decent amount of calls together. However, since he is a family friend, I'm a little worried it might seem like he is biased. With that said, he has known me for 15 years (1 year in a work setting), and knows me very well and I know he would write a rock solid letter for me. He has actually already agreed to write a letter, but I'm having second thoughts about it. Either way, though, I don't have many other solid options so I thought that this might be worth the risk. I was wondering what you all thought about this. Thank you in advance for any help!! 

Hello everyone!
So I'm trying to decide if I should have my longtime family friend write a letter of recommendation for me. He would be able to attest to my clinical abilities because he is a fire chief in the city I worked in as an EMT.  He saw firsthand how I worked in a healthcare setting as we ran a decent amount of calls together. However, since he is a family friend, I'm a little worried it might seem like he is biased. With that said, he has known me for 15 years (1 year in a work setting), and knows me very well and I know he would write a rock solid letter for me. He has actually already agreed to write a letter, but I'm having second thoughts about it. Either way, though, I don't have many other solid options so I thought that this might be worth the risk. I was wondering what you all thought about this. Thank you in advance for any help!! 

If he knows firsthand about your work performance, I would go for it. I had similar references when I applied. They can readily speak to your character.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1