LOR for CASPA

So I'm trying to figure out who I should ask for letters of recommendation for this upcoming application cycle. I know that I could get very solid ones from three people I work under, but they would all be from the same place. I'm wondering if it would be better to ask at least one person away from work for variety, but also in risk of getting a less robust letter...

32 minutes ago, Allegro said:

Have you checked the requirements of the programs to which you are applying? Many are very specific as to who they want to see as references.

Yes, I have checked each of the schools. Getting all my LORs from my current place of work would satisfy these requirements. I am simply trying to determine whether having all these letters from the same place would look bad.

If they can each provide a strong reference from different perspectives, I don't think it would look bad necessarily. However if the end result will be three letters describing basically the same set of observations of your performance in only one environment/role, that probably would not be the strongest combination. Think of how much more well-informed an assortment of references who could describe you more holistically; ie. one review you in the classroom environment, another in a clinical setting, etc. would seem in comparison. However, if the alternative is flat references from people who do not know you well, it might be a wash.

Archived