I wanted to know if anyone could add any input on this; 

I had requested a PA for a letter of evaluation. He was happy to agree to give one. I also had sent him a copy of my resume just because I thought that was the appropriate thing to do. 

last week at work him had mentioned two things... he had brought it up to me that I didn't have my GPA posted on my resume and asked if if I was planning to put it on my resume. he also started asking me things like "do you want me to just not address GPA at all then?". So, for the copy of the resume I had sent to her, I didn't put my GPA in because I didn't think it was going to be helpful (my undergrad is a 3.35 which is not competitive) The whole purpose of sending him a 1 page resume was so that he could know a little more of what I have done in undergrad; like, have a little more amount of information of who I am outside of scribing. (I've been a scribe for about 9 months; about 5 of those months have been heavily involved with this particular PA, so although we haven't had many conversations personally its not like I am a stranger to him 

The other thing that he requested is if I had personal statement finished. I will sincerely admit, I am quite behind on the application process as my personal statement still has work to do; I told him it's still being written. He asked if she should have a summary of it or something like that so he has more details to flesh out his evaluation letter. 

I told her I would email her about the GPA issue and the personal statement summary because he was asking out loud in front of the other doctors and employees in the nurses station and I was a little shy to answer. I don't know why, but I wasn't expecting him to ask those questions.

So here is what I was asking: 

1. Should I have 3.35 on my resume at all? (I was a public health major)

2. Is giving a personal statement/summary super necessary for you LOR evaluators? Because I really have alot more to do on my PS so I'm not sure how I can make a good summary in a short amount of time to give him; as well as the other evaluators.

Edited by jvma528612

I think you can give him a paragraph that explains why you want to become a PA. Like the elevator speech that you would give during your interview. It will allow him to add a personal touch to your letter. If there are any attributes that you want him to address, I would remind him about that too even if you are not going to write about it in your personal statement. I told one of my recommenders that examples are looked at positively in recommendation letters. I said that if she talked about my teamwork or intellectual curiosity. I gave her examples of what I meant by reminding her about the time she showed me how to place sutures and times that I would help out by seeing patients on her schedule.