I know supplemental apps tend to offer sections for you to write about things that may not be addressed in your CASPA application. As in, I have nine withdrawals! YIPES! And I need to come up with reasons for those W's. For 6 of them, I have a legit excuse (death in family). But for 3 others that occurred back in 2005 and 2006, I can't even remember why I withdrew!!! Other than saying I was young and lazy, any suggestions for what to put????? (BTW, none of these W's were withdraw/fail)

I know supplemental apps tend to offer sections for you to write about things that may not be addressed in your CASPA application. As in, I have nine withdrawals! YIPES! And I need to come up with reasons for those W's. For 6 of them, I have a legit excuse (death in family). But for 3 others that occurred back in 2005 and 2006, I can't even remember why I withdrew!!! Other than saying I was young and lazy, any suggestions for what to put????? (BTW, none of these W's were withdraw/fail)

I know how you are feeling! I had 6 courses that were either a WF or a fail. I briefly mentioned/described the situation involving it in my CASPA personal statement. I was extremely concerned about it effecting my chances of getting into PA school. I ended up getting an interview and was accepted into the program. I agree with Rev, be honest,briefly explain it, and put the focus on what you have done since then and establish a pattern of better grades and it will show your dedication to your education. Don't lose hope!

21 hours of F on my transcript over 3 semesters..... was too lazy to even withdraw. I VERY briefly mentioned it in my PS (immaturity) and moved on. If you have a good app otherwise this wont keep ulyou out of pa school

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a very similar question and advice would be much appreciated.

I just got my second biochem exam score, less than 50%. Needless to say I'm devastated - I was expecting at least an 80 and started studying day 1 of lecture. I will be checking the paperwork tomorrow.

Anyhow, I need a backup if that is indeed my score. I have 2 days to drop the course. I can struggle to maybe get a C, but most PA schools don't require biochem. I also have all next year to take the class elsewhere. This will delay my graduation to the winter, but I am applying next summer anyways. This will be my first "W".

The rest of my prerequisites are pretty solid (All above B, mostly A-/A).

Please help me out - I'm desperate! Thanks in advance.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a very similar question and advice would be much appreciated.

I just got my second biochem exam score, less than 50%. Needless to say I'm devastated - I was expecting at least an 80 and started studying day 1 of lecture. I will be checking the paperwork tomorrow.

Anyhow, I need a backup if that is indeed my score. I have 2 days to drop the course. I can struggle to maybe get a C, but most PA schools don't require biochem. I also have all next year to take the class elsewhere. This will delay my graduation to the winter, but I am applying next summer anyways. This will be my first "W".

The rest of my prerequisites are pretty solid (All above B, mostly A-/A).

Please help me out - I'm desperate! Thanks in advance.

Withdraw - not only will you protect your GPA, but you'll be less stressed out for the rest of the semester.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think your x-cript have the ability to show where you are/were heading, Adcoms can only assume. Being a psychology major doesn't show that someone wants be a psychologist.  BUT, taking the MCAT and doing extensive amounts of research in lieu of direct patient care definitely raises a red flag that you planned for Med School.

Look at how many people enter careers that are not relevant to their degrees. A chemistry major who ends up in law. A biology major who ends up producing movies :)

Hmmm. I guess I assumed if they saw Orgo II in addition to Orgo I and physics that'd be a red flag for hey! this was a premed student!

Orgo 1 and 2, physics, and biochemistry are all required by most schools to major in biology. Since pre-med is not a major, taking these courses shouldn't flag anything.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

Archived