I'm not sure if this is related to subconscious burnout or what, but has any PA-S noticed that the longer they are in school, the more they're starting to forget everything they learned? I know it sounds like an oxymoron but I'm about to start clinicals and I feel like I really dropped the ball this last quarter grade-wise. I am a little preoccupied with things outside of school but I'm not sure if that can relate to poor memory recall. It's kind of frightening to say the least because I was NOT like this starting out, I felt a lot sharper and quicker in the beginning. I feel like my head is done trying to absorb information and I don't know how it'll effect my EORs. Anyone have any advice or feel like they've gone through this? 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely felt this way during my last quarter. I didn't feel depressed, but my PCP ended up putting me on an SNRI and I feel so much better, and looking back I was definitely struggling with depression and anxiety without realizing it. My memory improved and I was able to get back to exercising. My exam grades improved a lot as well. 

There is definitely an element of binge-purge  for all of the exams in PA school.  My program used the approach of clinical medicine modules.  Each was essentially independent, just like each clinical rotation is.  So, there wasn't any repetition of material, even common areas like interpretation of labs, that would have helped retention.