9/9 em caq

Anyone else take the exam today? Overall, I didn't think it was that bad. Although, I may think otherwise if I didn't pass. I pulled out my power point binder from my PA school EM class (7 years old) and skimmed through some notes the night before. Hopefully that was enough. Along with some lucky guesses....

I'm sure you did fine. I took it cold in 2011 and missed 14 out of 150.

Today's exam was only 120 questions. I'm actually a little surprised that it wasn't longer; it felt like I was in and out in no time. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get the scores back; I can't figure out why an online exam should take up to 3 months to grade when it could happen instantaneously.

I tookit as well today. I felt it was mostly a fair exam- I was able to remember a patient I'd seen for pretty much every question I encountered. Definitely not as esoteric and tricky as ER physician-level questions, but you have to at least really studied ER material or had a few years working a main ED to feel comfortable with it.

For what it's worth, E, I seem to remember you saying that your version of the CAQ involved a surprising bit of internal medicine/Hospitalist stuff- I definitely didn't get that impression with this test, which leads me to believe they've done a lot of tweaking over the past couple of years.

I also can't believe it's gonna take 3 months to get scores. Not like this is some vital test, but is NCCPA really that backed up to not get results out sooner?

• 2 months later...

On my to do list. The more credential the better I guess. Wouldn't it be nice if all these credential/requirement translated into more earning potential?

sometimes they do. after passing the caq I got a new per diem job that pays $20 more/hr than my regular job and has a much better scope of practice based mostly on having the caq.

they wouldn't even interview me before and I have been sending the guy my cv every yr for a decade.

sometimes they do. after passing the caq I got a new per diem job that pays $20 more/hr than my regular job and has a much better scope of practice based mostly on having the caq.

they wouldn't even interview me before and I have been sending the guy my cv every yr for a decade.

This is one of the main reasons I took it- since I'll be moving soon and looking for a job, I wanted to maximize my credentials as much as possible.

yup. seriously. also a nice certificate.

Got my packet today; no pin, and I'm pretty underwhelmed with the certificate.  My daughters just received "Certificates of Irish Heritage" for Christmas last week and they blew the CAQ certificate away in terms of quality and aesthetic appeal.

https://application.heritagecertificate.ie/heritage/purchase/certificate

Got my packet today; no pin, and I'm pretty underwhelmed with the certificate.  My daughters just received "Certificates of Irish Heritage" for Christmas last week and they blew the CAQ certificate away in terms of quality and aesthetic appeal.

https://application.heritagecertificate.ie/heritage/purchase/certificate

maybe the pin was just for the first year(?).

I thought they gave them out last yr too.

Archived