Application cycle for 2013-2014

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations to all - good luck on your interviews! @Liberia - I am hoping to interview for the Spokane campus and have not heard anything.

@jschmitt Maybe they are working on the Seattle campus first and then spokane. :-) Positive thoughts!

I'm so excited about everyones wonderful news! I'm celebrating with you all! :-)

That's interesting that the campuses are so staggered in interviews, because that's a big difference! Thanks for the congratulations, it did feel pretty amazing. I wasn't expecting it so early, so I seriously almost fell out of my chair when I read the email. Good luck to all you Tacoma and Spokane folks...I know how much the waiting game sucks.

@Penelope...Yes, I believe all of us are interviewing as a first choice Seattle master's program, although I can only speak for certain of myself. I was a bit shocked by the early date...two weeks is not a lot of prep time! :) I'm very much looking forward to meeting everyone, and that's CRAZY that we could all be going to school together in just 6 short months!

@ktcan10, I live in southern Illinois and will be flying out of St. Louis. I was actually driving to eastern Pennsylvania for another interview when I got the invitation to interview at MEDEX. My travel schedule has gotten pretty crazy! I've never been to the PNW, but I'm excited to check it out!

@ctstone1, haha! Wow, you are all over the place! :) Congrats on your multiple interviews...I know what you mean. I am suddenly poor with paying for plane flights and hotel accommodations to various corners of the Western United States. :)

If you have some time, Seattle is a truly amazing city (in my humble opinion) with a lot of stuff worth seeing and soaking in.

Hello all, I too have joined the waiting room. I'm nervous and anxious. It's my first application, I'm only interested in MEDEX, and moved to Alaska in March preemptively. I have a bit of added anxiety, worrying about records from my not so formative years. I made it a point in my narrative to mention said records and hope it's not detrimental. I wish you all the best and hope to meet some of you in class next year. Until then, I'll be perusing the threads and hoping for the best.

To whomever it was asking about the interview style (and you can scoff at the "be yourself" advice but that's the honest truth), there will be several group interviews staggered throughout the day with some information sessions and meet 'n greet time in between. It was a very different process than I've ever been through, but it was great. You'd better leave tired after giving it your all. I felt empty, stressed and exhausted afterwards, but getting that phone call is an amazing feeling. Almost as good as that first cold one when you get done!

@MediMike:

My approach has always been "if I'm just being myself then I don't need to spend a ton of time prepping for this". My preparation has been the years of experience and class work that have gotten me to this point. Very exciting for the experience in Seattle! Thanks for your insight. It's funny that you mention feeling exhausted from giving your all; I've been completely beat after all of my interviews so far! I'm passionate about this profession and excited for the future. Hopefully this will be a good fit!

Archived