Application cycle for 2013-2014

Hello All,

I noticed there wasn't a thread for this years application cycle, so I went ahead and started one. I submitted my application on 7/2/13. When did everyone else submit there CASPA application and Supplemental application? Also has anyone heard anything about interviews? Good Luck to everyone and have an amazing day.:=D:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Everyone!

My CASPA application was mailed on June 7th. I completed my supplemental shortly after that, and my MEDEX application was deemed complete in mid-June. I received an email from them about a week ago, saying that initial review of my application had found it complete and that I met the requirements and prerequisites (I'm applying for the master's degree option, BTW; Seattle and Spokane are my top two choices). They also said that official review of applications would begin in August and that further communication would take place at that time.

@saldanamoreno, I think for CASPA you have to have at least two out of three letters in order to submit. You can e-submit with transcripts outstanding, but your application will not begin to be verified until CASPA has received all of your transcripts.

Good LUCK everyone! :)

Hello to all! I wanted to get involved in this thread as I am applying to MEDEX this year. I am still waiting on 2 letters of recommendation and that is it. I am so glad I asked early for my letters so hopefully they will be in soon. Hoping to E-submit in the next 2 weeks.Looking forward to getting this submitted and hope to continue to meet other PA-hopefuls like myself!

Good luck to everyone!:smile:

This forum is a great way to pass the time while you wait. I know it was great to know others were sitting there as anxious as me. It was also a great way to connect pre-interviews to help each other with the jitters! Stay involved, stay active, and stay positive! If I recall correctly, I think I submitted for early deadline and heard about interview right before Thanksgiving.

Hello All,

Liberia, thanks for creating the thread.

My narrative is much like ktcan10's. I submitted early and I received my confirmation about a week ago.

I had looked at previous threads and saw that people started to hear phone calls for interviews sometime in September. I will try to enjoy the rest of my summer and start sweating bullets then. :)

Now we play the waiting game...:heheh:

Good luck to everyone!!!

Hello Folks,

Just wanted to chime in and say hello. I'm planning on e-submitting and turning in my supplemental app the first week of August! This has been over a year in the making - can hardly believe the time has come!

I'm applying to the Seattle campus.

Good Luck Everyone!!

I'm so glad I created this thread.....I enjoy reading all the comments knowing that I'm not the only one stressing out. Luckily I've been on vacation for 9 days in Key West which has helped slightly. Obviously I'm here on the forum instead of at the beach.....lol Baby steps!:=D:

Hello All,

Just submitted both CASPA and supplemental app last night!!! What weight off my shoulders. To those of you still working on it, stay focused and remember that hitting that submit button is a HUGE relief... Then it's all about waiting and hopefully rocking an interview!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

So another Sunday passes by as we wait to hear news! To help pass the time let us share and get to know one another. I will start!

1.What state is everyone applying from?

I'm applying from NC :-)

2. Is this your first application cycle?

No this is my second but I applied extremely late in the cycle....I was clueless about the intensity of the CASPA process. You live and you learn!

3.Does anyone have a passion for anything specific OB/GYN, EM, IM,FM,Ortho, Surgery....etc?

I've had a passion for infectious diease and behavioral health for years....all of my work experience is centered around these areas!..which I love! Im excited to see what the clinical rotation phase will be like....I may have a change of heart, I doubt it though.

4. NonPA related....name one fun thing you did this summer to ease the anxiety of this process?

I went snorkeling in Key West and ate all sorts of yummy things! It was amazing!

Hahaha. I like this game!!

I'm applying from Southern California...with family ties to the PNW.

Yes, this is my first!! Long dreamed about!

3.Does anyone have a passion for anything specific OB/GYN, EM, IM,FM,Ortho, Surgery....etc?

I have a passion for inner city primary care, especially preventative medicine and clinic medicine. :)

4. NonPA related....name one fun thing you did this summer to ease the anxiety of this process?

Besides rocking myself to sleep in the corner? (j/k). I went camping and hiking in Yosemite with my boyfriend.

This is a great idea :)

I am applying from Washington state. I've lived in the PNW just about all my life. I love it here

This is my first cycle, and hopefully my last! I thought about applying last cycle but I was way late in the game and held off until this year.

I have a passion for general patient care, patient education, preventative medicine, pretty much any field of medicine. I have worked in for over 11 years is EMS and have loved it. I would love to do something in primary care and eventually land in orthopedics since I am a huge sports medicine fan as well!

I am taking a week long vacation to Seaside Oregon at the end of this month, It will be great to get away for awhile and sit on the beach.....and maybe check my status a "few" times.

Hello All,

Just submitted both CASPA and supplemental app last night!!! What weight off my shoulders. To those of you still working on it, stay focused and remember that hitting that submit button is a HUGE relief... Then it's all about waiting and hopefully rocking an interview!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Great work! I totally agree it's like a thousand pounds being lifted off your shoulders!

Born and raised in eastern Washington.

This is my first time applying. I have been preparing for over a year though!

I have two loves in medicine - EM and Family Practice. I absolutely love the high pace, high acuity, and procedures of EM. Then again I also love helping people stay healthy and AVOID the ED. I will probably do family medicine primarily and moonlight in the ED. As far as healthcare setting I most definitely want to work in a rural setting!!

Jogging has been my lifeline! Beyond this, now that my app is turned in and summer qtr is almost over I will be leaving for San Diego next week for my 'two week' annual drill (navy reserve) then three days after returning my wife and I are heading to Puerto Vallarta WITHOUT THE KIDS for 9 days!!!

(couldn't unbold - sorry ;-)

Cheers!

Colorado

Yes and I am very nervous and excited!

I have been a medical assistant for 10 years and volunteer EMT for 6 years. I enjoy emergency medicine and primary care. I live in a very rural area of NW Colorado and would like to continue practicing in the same setting.

Enjoyed a hike with my family this last weekend, which is a rare occasion because I am still finishing up my Bachelor's degree.

Good luck to everyone!

Colorado

Yes and I am very nervous and excited!

I have been a medical assistant for 10 years and volunteer EMT for 6 years. I enjoy emergency medicine and primary care. I live in a very rural area of NW Colorado and would like to continue practicing in the same setting.

Enjoyed a hike with my family this last weekend, which is a rare occasion because I am still finishing up my Bachelor's degree.

Good luck to everyone!

Nice to meet you Jschmitt! Good luck to you!

Archived