Application cycle for 2013-2014

Not sure how much help I can offer but I know that they did do a Seattle interview on 9/24. Looking back in previous threads it sounds like they do more than one batch of interviews. Their website says that they hold interviews Oct-Jan so I wouldn't count yourself out yet. Did they let you know that they didn't choose to interview you last year?  I applied to the Tacoma campus and have been anxiously waiting like you. I hope you hear from them soon!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EMSguy1982: They did inform me that I would not be selected for interview last year, but not until the last week of December. It was fairly agonizing to wait silently for 5 months and listen to all the people getting interviews on here. Exciting for those who make it through though :) Goodluck to all!!

Finally figured out how to work this damn new forum thing...Congrats to all of those who interviewed, and a second round of congrats to those who got the call.  It's an amazing feeling isn't it?!  I yelled oh shit and ran over a curb.  Tim told me not to answer the phone while driving, and well, I just didn't listen.

For those of you who interviewed and did NOT receive an acceptance, please don't stress yourselves out.  We have a large number of people in our class who interviewed 2-3 times prior to acceptance.  Along with looking at your work hx, your experiences, your volunteer and shadow time, the MEDEX selection process includes putting together a class which will work cohesively together, they match up backgrounds and personality types. 

Do NOT give up, apply again.  Ok.  Back to the hell that is my life.

Hi guys! I have been away for a while, but wanted to chime in now that I've figured out the new forums!

First of all - congratulations to all of you who have received the call!

To those who are still waiting after interviewing - don't count yourself out for this application cycle until you get a letter in the mail.

To those who are still waiting for interview invites - the best thing you can do to prepare for the interview, in my opinion, is to really make sure you know why you want this. Not the canned responses the books tell you to give - but really in your heart why you want to be a PA. Also, on interview day - remember you are always being evaluated, even when you're not in interviews. Be friendly, shake hands, get to know people. I was amazed at the number of incredibly qualified people that were packed into one interview session.

I was fortunate enough to get accepted last year, and I know that my classmates at Tacoma and I want to be here for you the same way the first year students were there for us during our process! For those interviewing in Tacoma, or heck for those who go into another interview session in Seattle - I'd be happy to meet the group the night before. I know it really helped calm my nerves last year....

In the meantime.... we are raffling a Seahawks jersey as a fundraiser and also have t-shirts for sale. Buy them now before you're broke in school!

Tracie

Thanks for the encouraging words Tracie! Still waiting to hear of an invite to the Tacoma interview but am confident I will succeed! I would love to get together when the time comes. Laura from your class also extended an invitation so it would be great to meet as many of you as I could. It must be exciting to be the first class in tacoma. I checked out the classroom pictures on the website and it looks great! I have looked at some interview books but didn't think the stuff in it applied to me. I've just been doing some mock interviews to get comfortable talking about why I want to take this amazing step. Thanks again for your valuable input and look forward to the possibility of being in class 2 in Tacoma!

I cannot WAIT for you guys to get interview invites for Tacoma and Spokane and Anchorage!!

@Liberia...I've been to several interviews now, and I must say that the energy on this forum matches the truly amazing selection of individuals that they invite to interviews. I was blown away by the talent, energy, dedication, and generosity that they packed into one room!

Best of luck, and keep us all posted! I know we all come together for anatomy in the summer, so we should keep this thread going and get together in Seattle in the summer!

New member here! I've been following along for several weeks and finally decided to register. Congratulations to those who have interviewed and earned admission offers.

My preferred campus (based solely on proximity) is Tacoma. But I did indicate I'd be more than pleased with Spokane or Anchorage as well. Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you at an upcoming interview! Would love to get a group together before or after any of the interviews.

Rhi Drake

What state is everyone applying from?
Washington born and raised applying to the Tacoma and Spokane campus for BHCS

2. Is this your first application cycle?
Nope 2nd, So I can tell you not to sweat about the waiting game. We likely wont hear about interviews until November close to Thanksgiving. Then interviews likely wont be until January. They are really good at making everyone wait.

3.Does anyone have a passion for anything specific OB/GYN, EM, IM,FM,Ortho, Surgery....etc?
family practice

4. NonPA related....name one fun thing you did this summer to ease the anxiety of this process?
lots of camping

1. What state is everyone applying from? I am applying from Washington. I live in Seattle so if anyone would like to meet up let me know.

2. Is this your first application cycle? Yes, this is my first time applying.

3.Does anyone have a passion for anything specific OB/GYN, EM, IM,FM,Ortho, Surgery..etc? I am interested in family practice

4. NonPA related....name one fun thing you did this summer.
I went to Washington DC and then to W. Virginia for whitewater rafting.

Archived