what are my chances?

Halo~ everyone.

It is my first time to use PA forum so I am not quite sure how this works.. but i will really appreciate if any one can tell me about my chances of getting Stanford PA program.

I have B.S degree and have really low GPA. However, I took post bac program in calstate eastbay and got 3.95 (all upper division courses including biochem series and A&P)

I have about 3yrs of medical assistant experience... and 2 of medical mission to other countries.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys got a question.... The school commands students having the Anatomy and Physiology plus microbiology classes to be less than five years old.... Mine are over 8 years old, although I have a new microbiology class that is over 3000 level and also a physiology class which is over 5000 level... Would this be a problem??? please comment on your opinions thanks so much..

Hey guys got a question.... The school commands students having the Anatomy and Physiology plus microbiology classes to be less than five years old.... Mine are over 8 years old, although I have a new microbiology class that is over 3000 level and also a physiology class which is over 5000 level... Would this be a problem??? please comment on your opinions thanks so much..

I went to their info session just the other day, and perhaps others can weigh in as well, but I got the impression that one of the reasons that they are firm on that five years is because they do NOT teach you the basics, they expand on what they assume you already know, since didactic is only six months long.

However, I've also found Mr. Tovar and the other admissions committee members to be very patient and helpful at answering questions, so you might float your question to them.

Really?

So I must have been dreaming all those weeks I returned to campus for class.

It's close to a year like most other programs, just not all in one fell swoop.

My mistake, I wasn't accurate when I said it was six months long. Sorry, everybody, for the confusion.

alright guys so here's what i got:

i got a 2.7 gpa from undergrad. currently working as an er tech and finishing up pre-req courses as well as shadowing PAs and extra volunteering on the side. any advice on what else i can do to boost my chances of getting into PA school? i know my chances are slim, but this is really what i wanna do so please help! thanks guys.

I went to their info session just the other day, and perhaps others can weigh in as well, but I got the impression that one of the reasons that they are firm on that five years is because they do NOT teach you the basics, they expand on what they assume you already know, since didactic is only six months long.

However, I've also found Mr. Tovar and the other admissions committee members to be very patient and helpful at answering questions, so you might float your question to them.

Thanks a lot on your respond ktcan10 .... I already asked people for recommendation letters and I just got them so I am going to try and see maybe they will give me a chance even thought those classes are old.........

alright guys so here's what i got:

i got a 2.7 gpa from undergrad. currently working as an er tech and finishing up pre-req courses as well as shadowing PAs and extra volunteering on the side. any advice on what else i can do to boost my chances of getting into PA school? i know my chances are slim, but this is really what i wanna do so please help! thanks guys.

You need better grades. How many hours of HCE do you have?

Thanks a lot on your respond ktcan10 .... I already asked people for recommendation letters and I just got them so I am going to try and see maybe they will give me a chance even thought those classes are old.........

Your status states you are already a PA student so why are you applying to PCAP?

As far as older classes. Retake them ESPECIALLY Physiology! I retook it right before starting the program and it helped tremendously.

Regarding length of didactics. Our didactics (old format) were only one quarter long and we didnt have open book tests like they do now but I am certain that Dr. Berry and company still keeps the PCAPers on their toes...

Your status states you are already a PA student so why are you applying to PCAP?

As far as older classes. Retake them ESPECIALLY Physiology! I retook it right before starting the program and it helped tremendously.

Regarding length of didactics. Our didactics (old format) were only one quarter long and we didnt have open book tests like they do now but I am certain that Dr. Berry and company still keeps the PCAPers on their toes...

Joelseff No no I am not a PA student I have that as prospective student :)...

I dont mind retaking the classes while wating for the respond but my only worry is that if I am going to be rejected due to those classes being older than what the school recommends... I am still going to apply and take my chances maybe there is possibilities for me especally that I have so much hospital experience. I have been working as a tech since high school so I am hopping to have a chance with stanford....

Joelseff No no I am not a PA student I have that as prospective student :)...

I dont mind retaking the classes while wating for the respond but my only worry is that if I am going to be rejected due to those classes being older than what the school recommends... I am still going to apply and take my chances maybe there is possibilities for me especally that I have so much hospital experience. I have been working as a tech since high school so I am hopping to have a chance with stanford....

That's all well and good but don't misrepresent yourself....you should change it to "Pre-Pa" before a mod finds out.

I think pcap changed their policy on older classes. I had to retake mine b/c they were 12 yrs old.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

That's all well and good but don't misrepresent yourself....you should change it to "Pre-Pa" before a mod finds out.

I think pcap changed their policy on older classes. I had to retake mine b/c they were 12 yrs old.

LOL I will.. thanks I just noticed your status it says registered PA.. thats great man.. What year did u graduate from PA?

• 2 weeks later...

I have A's in Micro biology, Human anatomy & physiology and MATH.

I have B' and C+ for sociology, and psycology.

but.. i am more concerned about my low undergraduate GPA..

Do you think they will combined the undergraduate and post bacc GPA or they will look at those separately?

I have A's in Micro biology, Human anatomy & physiology and MATH.

I have B' and C+ for sociology, and psycology.

but.. i am more concerned about my low undergraduate GPA..

Do you think they will combined the undergraduate and post bacc GPA or they will look at those separately?

How's the rest of your app? Sociology and psych I think were low on their totem but you have to keep in mind that you are in competition with others who may gave aced those "easier" classes. They tend to look at the "whole" applicant.

Archived