On 5/10/2020 at 7:58 AM, minnesotaprepa said:

I interviewed/was accepted at RFU and Northwestern last year, and although I am attending a different school, I am happy to answer any questions 

Awesome! What were your stats? I'm curious as I have over 5000 clinical hours, cumulative GPA of 3.57, science GPA of 3.51, but I have a C in anatomy and Orgo 1 😞

6 minutes ago, MYoukh said:

Same ones plus Midwestern University in Downers Grove. Rush is my top pick at the moment.

I'm applying everywhere but Midwestern.. my friends go there for Medical school and Pharmacy school and they do not recommend it. But to each their own

10 minutes ago, anaskouk said:

I'm applying everywhere but Midwestern.. my friends go there for Medical school and Pharmacy school and they do not recommend it. But to each their own

Oh wow. I was looking up top PA schools in the US and Midwestern was fairly high. I'd be interested to hear the issues with the school.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:58 AM, minnesotaprepa said:

I interviewed/was accepted at RFU and Northwestern last year, and although I am attending a different school, I am happy to answer any questions 

Would you mind sharing your timeline process and when you submitted versus interviewed and stats? And how was the interview process? Any tips would help as I’m applying to those places too! Thanks!!! 

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2020 at 8:15 PM, ChiTownPrePA said:

I am attending Northwestern starting in June, but I was also accepted to RFU and Midwestern! Feel free to message me with questions, I am certainly no expert but am happy to share advice. 

What made you pick Northwestern over RFU and MW?

• 1 month later...
Guest mands

If anyone is considering a suburb of Chicago, there's a program through North Central College in Naperville. It's really not that far from the city (there's trains you can take in!). The cost of living out here is considerably cheaper. There's a lot of trendy downtown areas nearby, too (i'm lookin at you Geneva & Batavia)!  

I live in the area so I can tell you a bit about that part. This school seems like the closest suburb school to Chicago, too! The other one is all the way down in Southern Illinois. Besides that, I think that's about it for the programs out here.

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2020 at 8:58 AM, minnesotaprepa said:

Nice, congrats! What do you think Northwestern and RFU valued most about your app? I liked the fact that RFU has an interest in Minority students and that NW values patient centered care approach and PBL. Let me know your thoughts.