New Grad FM job offer salary without health insurance to family ..

Move to a good job....many reasons to try and stay in your local area but making yourself miserable with this terrible offer will do no one any good. You are worth much much more. New grads would be hard pressed to see 35 pt a day and that means your day will be long. Look other places. You and your family deserve it. Also you have nothing to lose by countering a reasonable offer.....so try it. Good luck.

that's insane. whoever owns the practice will easily make over 100K a year on you. you should propose 120K without benefits as a matter of principle. I hope you let him or her know how offensive the offer is. I wonder if this is a PA saturated area ? I bet NYC gets even worse since all the PA programs in that area are expanding at RAPID rates for more tuition income.

NYC is pretty saturated with schools, but there are lots of jobs in the area IMO. Although pay is around the average nationally, the cost of living kills it. Eitherway, being from NYC, I would consider the OPs offer very insulting. As a new grad, many interviewers have told me they wouldnt expect me to see over 15-18 pts a day in the first year and then onwards would like to see me with >20/day. This is in specialties, however its a similar 9-5 outpatient setting.

Dude I make more than that as an RN plus benefits. What a joke offer....

In all fairness, RNs make more than most PAs and some Docs...at least here in Cali.

OP, thanks for your service. I agree with all the posts above, this job offer sucks. Too bad you couldnt match, seems like a waste. But look for a better job. At least your still active duty and wont starve while looking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I was thinking to print this thread and send email to the employer ,but I have decided not to ..as i told them  am thinking ..this is  the best way to deal with blood suckers ..I am interviewing different places and find one good offers from other state ...hope once I signed and start my job..that will be my answer ..I am thinking....action should speak louder then words.

..at this point they still thinking they trapped another new grad PA and will suck blood for 3 years ....I will say nice try..

I got job offer as new grad  in FM in Eastern Kentucky (rural clinic)

3 year contract

80K salary 

no health insurance

have to see 35 patient per day , 5 days week ,

15 days PTO 

2 day CME

no CME money .

No malpractice coverage for first year.

2 years non compete law  in same county and adjacent counties .

I have 2 kids  and wife and have  tons of student loan . This is very low for a family of four .

need advice 

Now after 2 week s

85 k salary 

they come up with this

2 Year contract 

Health insurance for family

3 patient per hour / 8 hour day /5 days per week

15 days PTO

CME 5 day 2000 dollars

Malpractice coverage

2 year compete law apply to only Family Medicine.

Job offer for my wife as well when she graduate next year ..***

what you thinks guys ....I have now more options then this  as I told them ...I can push them more or ....

better

3 per hour is too much for anyone but and experienced PA - I would STRONGLY recomend against setting a 'required' number of patients.... every day has ebbs and flows and some patients just take a long time

On this topic - YOU want control of your schedule - not the office staff, not the practice manager - but YOU  --  they are giving way so you need to come up with a realistic counter - I would say something like this

"I control my schedule after the first 12 patient are booked -

Show them the AAPA data that shows the average(that means some are well below that) is about 70 pateints a week (from memory)  on their schedule they could book as many as 120+ which is insane

realistically if you are a new grad I would say this

months 1-3  12 max a day

3-6 15 max per day

after this to be determined

They are making money off you so don't fret it

Non-compete - I would honestly just say you are not comfortable signing it.  State level laws but many states have said these can not apply to physicians (and hence possibly PA) as the health and well being of the community trumps the financial interests of the practice.  Just say no thank you

If they say there must be one in place - 6 months, 10 miles as a first offer, then could settle on 12 months and about 10 miles.

Courts in general do not like non-competes unless it is reasonable - does not take away your ability to make a living, and 'consideration' is made (that they pay you for it - ie $5k for the non-compete clause to be signed)  But who wants to go to court. 

Seriously, if they keep you happy you will not leave.....

PTO is low - needs to be about 30 days

I understand that this is a negotiation but am I the only one bothered by the significant alteration between offers one and two?  If they hosed me up front on the initial offer then what else are they going to do to make my life miserable?  BTW, I like the second offer for a new grad with the exception of the quota requirement.  While the non-compete may not be valid in the state one would still have to spend $$$ to fight it.  Would it be worth the cost?  Non-compete clauses are one-sided against the employee unless one has access to intellectual property which I don't think the majority of us do if practicing medicine (well, except for myself which is the philosophy that the less I do for the patient, the faster they get better).

They told me they cannot give me preferential treatment about compete law but write in advance that I can work any where any time other then FM . I don,t know how they do it . I still say come up with better deal . like 20 dollars per patient after 20 patient no more 25 patient per day. or something like this ..

Archived