Penn State PA program

Got the call from Chris today... I've been accepted!

Look at you!!! Congrats! You guys were solid yesterday!

As usual good luck for everyone waiting. They DO wait till Jan to fill the class. If you get an acceptance elsewhere - give them a call and ask for their thoughts. It was done before with success. Chris tries for everyone to play their hand of cards best and wise. Hope "acceptance fairy" would draw a good one for all!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Tunafish. And, yes, congrats Wilsocam!

Tunafish, to your knowledge was anyone who interviewed very early in the cycle accepted as late as January? Seems contradictory to what was described as the notification timeline in the interview. And thanks again for being so active in this forum!

I would actually go ahead and give the staff a call to find out your status at this point considering how you interviewed almost 2 months ago. They're very responsive!

Wow Wilsocam, that was fast.  Interview on 9/23 and offer on 9/24?  I'm amazed.  Would you be willing to share your stats?

Oh... and a hearty congratulations as well. Nicely done. 

Thank you, I appreciate it.

I'm okay to share my stats, but I don't have the exact numbers on me so I'll tell ya about what I know.

3.92 GPA with a high 3.8 science GPA - - 2500ish Hours of health care experience (in a nursing home, a free health care clinic, and in a hospital burn unit) -- my GRE was around 310 with a 4.5 on the writing

Honestly, I don't think I had a quick response because of my stats though. I felt like I really had the opportunity to connect with the staff, students, and patient throughout my interview, and the stars just sort of aligned. In fact, the woman who was the patient for our unscripted interview (who knew none of my statistics) told me that she was confident that I would get in. Truly just relax and be yourself if you have an interview coming up. I believe that everyone has an equal shot once they get to the interview, and it just depends on if you have the personality that fits the program at that point (and are not so nervous that it doesn't show). 

As always, good luck.

Hello all! This post especially applies to all those who have recently interviewed as I was a candidate on 9/26. I am under the impression the average response time is a month, but can be as soon as a couple days. Anxiously awaiting a response, and would love to hear of anyone in a similar boat.

I had my interview on Sept 22nd and was told last night I was wait listed.

Hi linusfreckles - Unfortunately, Penn State did not hold interviews on Monday, Sept. 22. Want to ensure that information posted accurately reflects Penn State's program and our procedures. Feel free to contact the program with questions. We are willing to help explain our process regarding the wait list should you feel your letter did not provide enough clarity. Best wishes to all!

I also found out today that I was accepted. I interviewed on 8/21. So once the month had past I called and asked. The staff at PSU are great and if you ever have questions DO NOT be afraid to call and ask. And to second Wilsocam relax in your interview I thought I got along great with everyone during the interview and if you have an interview you have the academic credentials to get in, so just be yourself!
Best of luck to everyone in the application process!!!!

For all others who have been accepted, did you guys want to start a facebook group to get connected?? I can set it up and invite if you PM me. .

Congrats on your acceptance, tokarz68! Penn State will invite all accepted students to a 'private network' via Penn State's yammer system so that you can begin to connect with other accepted students and your future classmates. We anticipate having this live shortly - be on the lookout for an e-invite to your email address we've been using during the admissions process.

Archived