Penn State PA program

Thanks! I was just waiting for tunafish to respond because she is a current student and may know someone with the minimum..but thank you!

I spoke directly to the director of admissions and so long as the 500 is completed prior to matriculation, it is fine.  During their info session, they also specifically point out to note the range of stats for accepted students.  There were students accepted last year with the 500 min HCE. Hope that helps!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke directly to the director of admissions and so long as the 500 is completed prior to matriculation, it is fine.  During their info session, they also specifically point out to note the range of stats for accepted students.  There were students accepted last year with the 500 min HCE. Hope that helps!

Awesome, thank you!  That gives me much needed relief about my application.  I was worried I needed it by the application deadline.  Thank you for taking the initiative and clarifying for not only me, but everyone on the board!  Good luck to you!

Has anyone here heard back about interviews for this year?  I got an invitation today!

Congrats on the interview invite!  How long after you submitted your supplemental did you hear back?  I started my supplemental a couple of weeks ago, but of course my hard drive on my laptop crapped out and all of my PA application stuff is stuck on my computer - waiting and hoping it can be recovered.  Anyhow, just getting anxious about my delay in submittal and the fact that interviews are filling up.  

Thanks!

Hi all!

I'm new to the discussion but not new to Penn State's program.  Tunafish, do you know if acceptances were offered after the first interview round on Aug. 5th?  I was part of that group and was also wait listed to the program last year so I am quite anxious to hear back this time.  Thanks for being so active in this forum...it's been a great help!

Thanks, Tunafish. I'm guessing they've already been notified? I've been in touch with another student who I interviewed with and who was also waitlisted last year and she has not heard anything yet either.

The mode of communication last year was a personal phone call from program director. Mail with deposit form came much later.

Does anyone mind sharing what the supplemental essay is for this program? I'm trying to assess how long it will take me to get finished, before I send my application in.

The supplemental application consists of demographic info, prerequisite course grades, training certificates / awards, and 7 short essay questions (~6-10 sentences). It shouldn't take you more than a couple days to complete. 

Archived