42 minutes ago, Eyeofthetiger said:

For clinical year, the main part is that you get placed with 1 community clinic for ~5 months doing your rotations. I think the closest clinic from campus (from what i saw last year) is located around downtown Los Angeles. The rest of the clinics are spread all throughout the U.S. in New York, NorCal, Louisiana, Florida, etc. I believe they said now it’s a lottery system on who goes where? (don’t quote me on that)

The hybrid programs will certainly make an effort to place you near your home, but as they are new, we don’t know the success rate of them actually getting those rotations. We aren’t allowed to secure rotations as students, so whatever they say we have to do, even go to other states if they couldn't find anything…

Thank you SO much for sharing! I really appreciate it. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAteachertoPA said:

Ok anyone have a clear idea on what happens for clinical placements at this school? In March I asked and they said placements are random.  The hybrid school I got into says they at least attempt to place you close to your area.

I actually live in the town where AT Still is but was a little concerned that it was fully random. Have you all heard differently? (And yes I know I need to be flexible that year and may need to travel many places)

Current first year student here! As of right now, we do not get a say in where we get to go for clinical sites. There's no requests or number system for your preference. The only difference is hometown scholars do get first priority to return back to their CHC area that they came from if there's a clinical site available. That being said, the program will try to place you somewhere where they think you will end up practicing or is a good fit for you! I hope this helps! Let me know if you guys have any questions! We are finishing up finals so it may be a little bit before I can get back to you!

Take a deep breath! You got this!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 12:04 PM, niquemack said:

Current first year student here! As of right now, we do not get a say in where we get to go for clinical sites. There's no requests or number system for your preference. The only difference is hometown scholars do get first priority to return back to their CHC area that they came from if there's a clinical site available. That being said, the program will try to place you somewhere where they think you will end up practicing or is a good fit for you! I hope this helps! Let me know if you guys have any questions! We are finishing up finals so it may be a little bit before I can get back to you!

Take a deep breath! You got this!

Thank you so much for sharing! Good luck on finals!