It’s still the first day, we got time yall 🙂. The process seems complicated but they just add a lot of details.

Step 1: Application

Step 2: Interviews

Interviews will be conducted online; no travel is required. Applicants living or travelling near an ATSU campus will not be able to interview in person. Interviews will proceed linearly through three parts.

Step 2a: Asynchronous Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs)

Applicants receive an invitation from the program by email to participate in self-paced MMIs using Canvas, the University’s learning management system. Applicants may be able to complete Step 2a in one day, or may take multiple days or weeks to complete all MMIs. Timeliness is advantageous to applicants.

Step 2b: Synchronous MMIs

Applicants who complete Step 2a will be invited in an email from the program to participate in Step 2b. Applicants sign up for one interview day and time and attend the interview in Zoom using a computer with a webcam and microphone. (Applicants do not need a Zoom account to attend.) This interview day will consist of multiple short interviews between an applicant and faculty person(s). Step 2b usually requires less than 2 hours to complete.

Step 2c: Directors Interview

Applicants who complete Step 2b will be invited in an email from the program to participate in Step 2c. Applicants sign up for one interview day and time and attend the interview in Zoom using a computer with a webcam and microphone. (Applicants do not need a Zoom account to attend.) This interview day will consist of an interview between the applicant and the program director and (when available) the medical director. Step 2c usually requires 1 hour or less to complete.

Step 3: Admissions Committee

Applicants who complete Step 2 (a, b, & c) will be advanced to Step 3 as considered applicants. The program faculty convene as the Admissions Committee and review information from each considered applicant’s submitted application, information from Step 2 interviews, and then recommends or declines awarding seats in the program based on this review of information.

Committee decisions will be communicated to applicants promptly. The program will establish a waitlist once all the seats for a cohort are filled.

• Like 2

Ok anyone have a clear idea on what happens for clinical placements at this school? In March I asked and they said placements are random.  The hybrid school I got into says they at least attempt to place you close to your area.

I actually live in the town where AT Still is but was a little concerned that it was fully random. Have you all heard differently? (And yes I know I need to be flexible that year and may need to travel many places)

1 minute ago, CAteachertoPA said:

Ok anyone have a clear idea on what happens for clinical placements at this school? In March I asked and they said placements are random.  The hybrid school I got into says they at least attempt to place you close to your area.

I actually live in the town where AT Still is but was a little concerned that it was fully random. Have you all heard differently? (And yes I know I need to be flexible that year and may need to travel many places)

For clinical year, the main part is that you get placed with 1 community clinic for ~5 months doing your rotations. I think the closest clinic from campus (from what i saw last year) is located around downtown Los Angeles. The rest of the clinics are spread all throughout the U.S. in New York, NorCal, Louisiana, Florida, etc. I believe they said now it’s a lottery system on who goes where? (don’t quote me on that)

The hybrid programs will certainly make an effort to place you near your home, but as they are new, we don’t know the success rate of them actually getting those rotations. We aren’t allowed to secure rotations as students, so whatever they say we have to do, even go to other states if they couldn't find anything…