On 11/10/2023 at 9:20 PM, lismar said:

Are any of you Hometown Scholars? If so, how did you go about getting that endorsement? And how important is it to admissions?

I am not a Hometown scholar but know there's some in our cohort. I'm not sure the significance of it as far as admission other than I know it can only benefit you and not harm you. I know it does give you priority for clinical rotation sites and what I mean by that is a hometown scholar will get to go back to their CHC/clinic/practice for clinical year versus non-hometown scholars don't necessarily have that option. I hope this makes sense!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ss126 said:

From what I'm reading on this forum, I am a little confused about the timeline of the application review and interview timeline for this program. How soon do selected applicants get invited for an interview? 

I heard that they are trying to hopefully start sending out their “Step 2” interview invites by the end of Nov/Dec if everything goes smoothly. If not, we probably gotta wait until January like last year for more news.

44 minutes ago, MaybeFuturePA said:

Wait what do you mean step 2 invites was there a step 1?😅

Oh it’s just how they label their admissions process, step 1 was the application/ secondary. Steps 2a, 2b, 2c are their interview “steps.” Someone on a facebook group said they went to the info session and the school is going to send invites soon if everything goes smoothly. 🙂

https://www.atsu.edu/college-for-healthy-communities/admissions/admissions-requirements-2024#application-requirements

On 11/16/2023 at 4:41 PM, ss126 said:

From what I'm reading on this forum, I am a little confused about the timeline of the application review and interview timeline for this program. How soon do selected applicants get invited for an interview? 

Last year I believe I got my interview invitation in January/February and I selected a March date for my interview. I didn't hear back until the end of July. I had submitted all of my applicant stuff in late October/early November if that helps timeline wise.

Keep in mind we are getting ready to head into finals here for the didactic cohort (c/o 2025) and the clinical cohort (c/o 2024) is on rotations and probably doing some end of rotation exams.

Persistence and patience! You guys got this!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, optimistictiger said:

Does anyone know if all applicants will be invited to complete step 2a (asynchronous canvas assignment) or is it a selected pool of applicants?

My understanding from prior cycles is that if you receive at step 2 invite that’s essentially going to lead to an interview. So not everyone will receive one. I also think I remember them saying that they invite 300-400 people to step 2 because many people don’t want to do it or don’t make it through to the actual interview. I could be wrong on the numbers but I remember the number being high. 

• Like 1