Hey guys! So I'm choosing between two PA schools that I got into and wanted to see if anyone could give me good advice between A.T. Still University or Rocky Mountain School of Health Professions.

A.T. Still:  

• Location- Mesa, Arizona 
  • #40 Accredited
  • 26 months
  • Tuition 90,000
  • PANCE 98%
  • Class size: 70
  • Rotations all over the country with a focus on underserved
  • Curriculum focused on whole person care

Rocky Mountain:

• Location- Provo, Utah
  • Not Ranked Provisional
  • Newer School
  • 28 months
  • Tuition: 110, 000
  • PANCE 91%,
  • Class size: 50

While the numbers all point to A.T. Still... when I went to the interview process I liked the faculty and vibes better in Provo, Utah personally. However, it is ultimately a newer, provisional program that is also more expensive. Let me know your guys thoughts and any advice you might have! Is it worth it to go to the school I liked better even if it is more expensive and not ranked?

Thanks 

You also need to think about where you will be happy living for two years. Your personal sanity is as important as the numbers. Luckily the both schools are in locations that are outdoor oriented. I have a friend that is starting at RMUoHP and by all accounts it sounds like a great program. I also applied there and was invited to interview but did not attend. I really liked the faculty and vibe I got from the info session though.

I can’t speak to the AT Still program though.

AT Still is a great program. I was a standardized patient for their students and really enjoyed seeing personal interactions between the faculty and students. They have some awesome teachers. 

As far as rotations go, they send students out of state based on a lottery system but not every goes out of state. Those who do are sent to specific Community Health Centers in undeserved areas and stay there during their clinical year. I think they are listed on the website. Maybe you can see if any are located near your hometown? Additionally, the cost of living is on the lower side in Gilbert/Mesa, AZ. The area has a lot of farmland and the facility feels new.  I also like that you can wear scrubs to class all the time. Maybe you can compare your COL expenses for Utah vs AZ and that might help?

I really enjoyed the vibes I got from AT Still but chose a program closer to home. Definitely reach out to people who attend there to help make your decision. 

Archived