10 hours ago, rekayy101 said:

I saw on their website that we have to submit letter of recs. Is that separate from when we turned them in on CASPA? If so, how do we enter those LORs to CCPA?

It says in the email that if you want to use your CASPA letters then you don't need to do anything but I am going to call over today to make sure, Ill let you know!

Hi everyone. I   am part of this current cohort (class of 2025). This is a great program to be a part of but just letting you guys know the interview process is fairly long so don't be expecting any acceptances any time soon. I  know how stressful the application process and interview cycles can be as I  was in your shoes last year. So please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions regarding this program specifically. Good luck to you all!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CaliforniaPA22 said:

Hi everyone. I   am part of this current cohort (class of 2025). This is a great program to be a part of but just letting you guys know the interview process is fairly long so don't be expecting any acceptances any time soon. I  know how stressful the application process and interview cycles can be as I  was in your shoes last year. So please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions regarding this program specifically. Good luck to you all!

About how long did it take to hear back if you remember 

1 minute ago, Nooor said:

About how long did it take to hear back if you remember 

It was quite awhile. I  think I submitted my caspa app in July of 2022 and then received the secondary app last week of Sept. and submitted my secondary 10/4. I  didn't hear back until Mid-January where they sent out invitation to complete asynchronous assignments via canvas which could then lead to an interview. I had my interview April 11 and I did not receive my acceptance until mid July of 2023. So it was basically a full year between sending in my caspa app and receiving my acceptance. This program starts a lot later than other programs, so hence why you hear back later. 

I  was actually accepted to a program on the east coast that had a program start date in early august, and I actually withdraw my acceptance from that program 1.5 weeks before orientation to attend this program, because Im from California so attending a CA program was important to me. So it was a very frustrating process having to wait so long, but it was well worth it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CaliforniaPA22 said:

It was quite awhile. I  think I submitted my caspa app in July of 2022 and then received the secondary app last week of Sept. and submitted my secondary 10/4. I  didn't hear back until Mid-January where they sent out invitation to complete asynchronous assignments via canvas which could then lead to an interview. I had my interview April 11 and I did not receive my acceptance until mid July of 2023. So it was basically a full year between sending in my caspa app and receiving my acceptance. This program starts a lot later than other programs, so hence why you hear back later. 

I  was actually accepted to a program on the east coast that had a program start date in early august, and I actually withdraw my acceptance from that program 1.5 weeks before orientation to attend this program, because Im from California so attending a CA program was important to me. So it was a very frustrating process having to wait so long, but it was well worth it. 

Thank you so much I felt like we all needed this information and encouragement!

Hey guys! I’m also a c/o 2025 PA student (1st time applicant, hometown scholar, & NHSC Scholar) and I’ll be documenting the journey on my TikTok! Feel free to message me on TikTok and ask me any questions you have on the program. It is new and the process is long but the program is so worth it! I wish you all the best!

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8rL4ejY/ 

5 hours ago, MaybeFuturePA said:

Looking at the last year forum is making me insane about the wait, I feel like I want to reach out but scared to since it’s still early.

Does anyone know if they’re taking people off the waitlist from last term and placed them in this years term?

I was on last cycles waitlist and they are not taking us off and putting us in this years term, unfortunately we have to apply all over again. It is a long wait but they do start later. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2023 at 8:41 PM, CaliforniaPA22 said:

Thank you for sharing. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? 

On 10/9/2023 at 9:16 PM, Blu3star said:

Thank you for sharing. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? 

Hi yes of course.

GPA: 3.31

last 60 semester hours GPA: 4.00

PCE: 11,000 hours (split between EMT and scribe)

HCE: 800 hours

GRE: 324

And for transparency, it took me three cycles to get in. I had a fairly low GPA out of undergrad (~2.95) and I had some circumstances for that low GPA. But post-grad I received an A in every class I took and was able to raise my GPA up. Feel free to message me as applying to PA school is stressful and it's hard to get in. It took me three tries and there were times when I wanted to give up. So I definitely struggled and I want to be able to help everyone else achieve their dreams as well!

• Like 1

Hi! I’m from last years waitlist. I just reapplied again for this cycle. The wait is veryyyyyy extensive. Since it is a newer program, they’re still trying to workout the timeline. The entire process for last cycle took about a year. The secondary app also won’t be the last wave of questions lol, so i’d definitely sit tight — it’s a long wait ! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...