Yale Online 2023-2024 Cycle

On 5/22/2023 at 3:04 PM, theonlinepas said:

Hi there, my name is Sarah and I'm a first-year student in the Yale PA Online program. I was in the same shoes as many of you exactly 1 year ago today and I know how nerve-racking the process can be. Feel free to reach out to me with questions – I am best reached on here or via Instagram @theonlinepas. I won't be able to answer any questions about interviews but can speak on my experience in the program thus far. Fingers crossed and good luck to all of you. 🤍

Hey Sarah! I just wanted to say that I enjoyed looking at all of your videos on your @theonlinepas website. Thanks so much for sharing this information with all of us and congratulations on getting into such a unique program. The immersion video you posted looked like such a blast. What was your favorite part of that experience? 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 4:37 PM, Dreaming said:

Hey Sarah! I just wanted to say that I enjoyed looking at all of your videos on your @theonlinepas website. Thanks so much for sharing this information with all of us and congratulations on getting into such a unique program. The immersion video you posted looked like such a blast. What was your favorite part of that experience? 

Thank you so much. Immersion was a ton of fun. We were all excited to finally meet each other and we were sad to leave. We spent time in the cadaver lab, performed physical exams on each other, used POCUS, learned about X-rays/CT scans, and more. I really enjoyed our white coat ceremony; it was held in a beautiful chapel, the speaker was excellent, and we had a nice reception afterwards. Here's an article about the ceremony. I also really enjoyed spending my lunch breaks touring the campus with classmates – the campus is SO beautiful!

I'm enjoying sharing my experience on here but I want this discussion to be about you guys. If any of you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a DM on Instagram (@theonlinepas). Wishing you all the best of luck 🙏🤍

Edited by theonlinepas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi everyone! I'm a current first year student with @theonlinepas, I just wanted to say good luck to those with interviews coming up! I had my interview almost exactly a year ago and it feels like it was like last month. Know that whatever happens, you are all amazing and there is a reason you are here!!! To those that haven't heard anything yet, please stay strong! It is very, very early into the cycle and interview process. Im rooting for you all! I also have an instagram @champthepa that has some information about the program and what my day-to-day looks like. Please reach out if you have any questions! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

hey all- such craziness and sadness- I interviewed last year and was waitlisted and did not even get invited this year.

I have strikes against me which I guess singles me out:

1. Maybe not a minority, although such a subjective definition

2. Much older applicant 

3. Born and raised in NYC.

as the umpire says strike three you are OUT!!

SO LIVID. - I will be reaching out to admissions because I have a very competitive application.

apologies for the diatribe.

not intended to be insulting- It is just that I am not maybe from such an underserved medical population- but people often do not see what is hidden way beneath- I volunteer at a community where yes, people can not afford medical service or insurance- and that is where I planned on focusing much of my time- 

But I am not from a rural pop, and according to the webinar, those get preference.

why not start with the waitlist from last year? and at least grant an interview ,

quite disheartening and unfair 

Question… This “Supplemental Application Fee” that has to be paid, is there an actual supplemental application or you just paid the fee? I was verified this week on my application from CASPA, but havent received an application received email and I was waiting to pay this fee because I thought they would send a Supplemental Application via email….? 

2 minutes ago, CiCithePrePA said:

Question… This “Supplemental Application Fee” that has to be paid, is there an actual supplemental application or you just paid the fee? I was verified this week on my application from CASPA, but havent received an application received email and I was waiting to pay this fee because I thought they would send a Supplemental Application via email….? 

You just pay the fee. No other supplemental application or questions. 

6 hours ago, Lizks said:

hey all- such craziness and sadness- I interviewed last year and was waitlisted and did not even get invited this year.

I have strikes against me which I guess singles me out:

1. Maybe not a minority, although such a subjective definition

2. Much older applicant 

3. Born and raised in NYC.

as the umpire says strike three you are OUT!!

SO LIVID. - I will be reaching out to admissions because I have a very competitive application.

apologies for the diatribe.

Ugh I'm so sorry to hear this. You already got a rejection letter? 

Did you change anything with your application since you last applied to become an even stronger more competitive candidate. 
And I’m sure they have a lot of applications they’re reviewing and deciding upon at the moment doesn’t necessarily mean they have gotten through your application yet 

@Lizks I went through the same rollercoaster last year and definitely cried a few tears along the way but I think it says a lot about all of our courage and resilience that we are putting ourselves out there, for some of us even after a previous rejection, and going after our dreams. Yale is a very competitive program and I know that there are many deserving applicants. Honestly, to me, it is an honor to even be considered among all of you. Try to not get discouraged in this journey. Remember success isn’t always about hitting the home run, rather it’s about showing up and trying and we all did that! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1