Eastern Virginia Medical School Interviews 2022

Uhhhh so if you’re on a mobile device, Click on the drop down menu where you can hide and unhide your applications to EVMS. It will alternate then between “we’ve received your application” and “you’re interview is confirmed” when you click on hide and unhide. So yeah nothing to see here I’m guessing. 

Everyone go to bed. 

Edited by medic1210
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, medic1210 said:

Uhhhh so if you’re on a mobile device, Click on the drop down menu where you can hide and unhide your applications to EVMS. It will alternate then between “we’ve received your application” and “you’re interview is confirmed” when you click on hide and unhide. So yeah nothing to see here I’m guessing. 

Everyone go to bed. 

I see that too. Thank you for that last line of wisdom, I needed to be reminded. Lol. Goodnight all, take a deep breath, we need it! 

• Like 1

If you applied previous years you will have several applications still on file. If you login re-login it might revert to the previous cycle. This would explain the thank you for your application purl try it! Make sure it has the current application checked! 

Edited by patobe82
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, patobe82 said:

If you applied previous years you will have several applications still on file. If you login re-login it might revert to the previous cycle. This would explain the thank you for your application purl try it! Make sure it has the current application checked! 

My only year applying so it doesn't change back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patobe0284 said:

I’m probably reading way too deep into this - but when everyone else clicks the drop down menu that is titled “physician assistant, MPA, 2023 (current program)” does it also say “inactive applications” for everyone else? It’s stressing me out 😭 I need to stop looking around 

Mine is like that too, but I think it is inactive because the cycle is closed. Could also mean decisions have been made? Regardless I think it is about the status of the cycle, not your individual application! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Patobe0284 said:

I’m probably reading way too deep into this - but when everyone else clicks the drop down menu that is titled “physician assistant, MPA, 2023 (current program)” does it also say “inactive applications” for everyone else? It’s stressing me out 😭 I need to stop looking around 

Mine does 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amanduh18 said:

Mine is like that too, but I think it is inactive because the cycle is closed. Could also mean decisions have been made? Regardless I think it is about the status of the cycle, not your individual application! 

That’s definitely how I’m rationalizing it!! Thanks y’all

So mine has said that all the years I applied! It starts doing that when the application cycle closes and you get your purl info. So what do we all think about today? Are we ready to become the MPA class of 2023? I’m running rescue today til 6 p, so I likely won’t be able to check my page all day ! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, patobe82 said:

So mine has said that all the years I applied! It starts doing that when the application cycle closes and you get your purl info. So what do we all think about today? Are we ready to become the MPA class of 2023? I’m running rescue today til 6 p, so I likely won’t be able to check my page all day ! 

I am a relentless optimist and today is the day! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, szs153 said:

Feels like they are sticking to their 2-3 week comment at interviews. Which is kind of a relief. If it comes earlier then awesome, hopefully with good news either way 🤞🏽

They said within 2-3 weeks during interviews. The manual says within 2 weeks. Our super duper detective work looking at previous years says within a week. 

Here’s the actual answer: It happens when it happens. I had one program reject me immediately following our interviews. Another waited 26 days for an answer. All you can do is find something to keep your mind occupied. We’re all in this together. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, medic1210 said:

They said within 2-3 weeks during interviews. The manual says within 2 weeks. Our super duper detective work looking at previous years says within a week. 

Here’s the actual answer: It happens when it happens. I had one program reject me immediately following our interviews. Another waited 26 days for an answer. All you can do is find something to keep your mind occupied. We’re all in this together. 

Soo I called just now to see and they said “we’ll be sending out acceptances within the next week or so.” 

Guess it will be in the 2-3 week timeframe, although I do not think we were crazy to think we would know within a week like the last 6 cohorts did. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Amanduh18 said:

Soo I called just now to see and they said “we’ll be sending out acceptances within the next week or so.” 

Guess it will be in the 2-3 week timeframe, although I do not think we were crazy to think we would know within a week like the last 6 cohorts did. 

That is . . . vague. 

But within a week can mean today as well. They’re probably not going to give us any specifics. 

59 minutes ago, medic1210 said:

That is . . . vague. 

But within a week can mean today as well. They’re probably not going to give us any specifics. 

It was funny because when she started to say “we’ll send out acceptances within” I really thought she was going to say “within a few hours” and then she said “within the next week or so” I was like…. Oh, ok. 🥲

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Amanduh18 said:

It was funny because when she started to say “we’ll send out acceptances within” I really thought she was going to say “within a few hours” and then she said “within the next week or so” I was like…. Oh, ok. 🥲

Well, at least we have a sense of where the process is.  When I read your initial message I thought you were going to say today!  Perhaps I will be able to be productive - oh what am I saying?  Staying calm is the hardest right now! 😊

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 5:41 PM, medic1210 said:

Yeah the accreditation thing is scary. My acceptance is to a brand new program that did receive provisional accreditation but I’m more nervous about EVMS. I want this one. But I’m rooting for you, friend. 

Was it Central Coast? I heard a few people saying they were also accepted there at the interviews. 

I’m actually doing pretty well too. I think I’ve come to terms with the waiting game and realized that they will announce when we least expect it but also at the perfect time. 

right now I’m just keeping my focus on these last two papers for my psych class. 😅 (with an occasional break to see if there are any updates on the PURL)

• Like 1