Eastern Virginia Medical School Interviews 2022

21 hours ago, AshleyBliss said:

Hello everyone!  I am Ashley and was born and raised in Va Beach and currently live in Portsmouth.  I am a Va Tech graduate and currently working at Atlantic Orthopedics.  I am very excited for the next step in the EVMS process and to meet all of you.  There have been several great questions already in this thread.  Like many others who have posted, I am nervous about the interviews as well.  Do you have any tips that helped you on the day of your interview calm your nerves and let your true self shine? Is there anything you would have done differently when you interviewed?

Hey Ashely,

Unfortunately, our interviews were online last year, so your interviews will be different. They understand that people will be nervous, and that's ok. Just try to relax, have fun, and make friends with the people you are with that day. That will help calm your nerves for sure! As for doing anything differently, no I wouldn't. I walked away with no regrets!  😉

Jen

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swilliams2 said:

Hi again everyone 😊 I have been monitoring the weather for next week and it looks like it may rain. Does anyone know what this means for the campus tour portion of the interviews? Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hey there! Most of the campus tour will actually be spent inside the buildings. Our two main buildings (Lester Hall and Lewis Hall) are right next to each other. The other building we will be visiting on the campus tour is Waitzer Hall which is a 3 minute walk. An umbrella would definitely be handy, but we won't have you outside for long at all! 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Jehanzeb said:

Hi everyone,

I am super excited to be interviewing at this school. I've seen great things about it online so I can't wait to see the campus in person. This will be my first time doing an interview for a PA program. From what I understand, guys normally wear full suits. I know this is a whole day event with a campus tour. Is it expected to wear our suits the entire day? Is there normally time to go back to the hotel and change? 

Jehanzeb Bukhari 

I would definitely recommend wearing your suite the entire day while on campus. First impressions are powerful and you never know who will be watching you throughout your time there! I'm sure you will look sharp!

- Jen

8 hours ago, Swilliams2 said:

Hi again everyone 😊 I have been monitoring the weather for next week and it looks like it may rain. Does anyone know what this means for the campus tour portion of the interviews? Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hey! I have been monitoring the weather closely as well... we are really hoping the weather works out in our favor. If it is raining then our tours may be cut slightly short. However, aside from the testing center, PA students spend most of our time between Lewis Hall and Lester Hall which are right next to each other! I would still plan on bringing an umbrella just in case 🙂

17 hours ago, cheyennethepa said:

Do you need to take Casper before submitting through Caspa?  On the website,  it says it's not due until March 2023.  I'm a bit confused 

Correct, they are 2 separate things with 2 separate deadlines I believe. You can take Casper first if you aren't submitting your CASPA until the March 2023 deadline.

- Jen

18 hours ago, cheyennethepa said:

Do you need to take Casper before submitting through Caspa?  On the website,  it says it's not due until March 2023.  I'm a bit confused 

Hey there, 

EVMS is on a different application cycle timeline than most PA schools. The current application cycle opened on July 1, 2022 and will close on March 1, 2023. In order to be considered, your CASPA application must be submitted by March 1, 2023 AND you must have taken the CASPer test by March 1, 2023. Applications will then be reviewed in Spring of 2023, interviews will take place in Summer of 2023, and accepted students will begin in January of 2024.

Hope this helps!

6 hours ago, Deepx1 said:

I know Katie mentioned her class got their schedules a week prior to their interview… has anyone gotten theirs yet? 

Hopefully you will get them Monday (fingers crossed). Keep checking your SPAM just in case!

Sign in 7:30-8am, Lunch will be about an hour & fifteen, people will be assigned morning & afternoon interview groups. You should get your assignments soon.

- Jen

• Like 1

Guest MouneM

Hi everyone, I was not able to attend the zoom sessions that happened over the weekend (July 8-9). I was out of the country. Was it mandatory to show up? Sorry for missing it.

1 hour ago, MouneM said:

Hi everyone, I was not able to attend the zoom sessions that happened over the weekend (July 8-9). I was out of the country. Was it mandatory to show up? Sorry for missing it.

Hey MouneM, wasn’t mandatory. The cohort 2024 hosted it as an icebreaker of sorts before upcoming interviews. They introduced themselves, broke us up into breakout rooms to ask questions and also get to know fellow interviewees. Was very thoughtful and helpful. 

They also shared with us info about the social happy hour on 14th after interviews. Hope this helps. 

Salma 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lnlock96 said:

Hello! I was also unable to make it to the zoom meeting, I was wondering about the social happy hour. Is this only for those who have an interview on the 14th, and if not where and when is that happening? I would love to meet some people and make interview day a little less daunting. Thanks!

Hey,

This is the info they shared in an email sent to all of us in regards to the social. It’s for all interviewees from both 14th and 15th. 

On Thursday, July 14th we will host an optional Happy Hour Social Gathering at Reaver Beach Brewing (3800 Colley Ave, Norfolk, VA) for ALL interviewees, regardless of which day you interview. This will take place from 7:00-8:30 pm, and you will be responsible for your own tab with an automatic 20% gratuity per Reaver Beach’s large party policy. The MPA Class of 2024 will be present to answer specific questions about local attractions and community highlights , EVMS student life, and PA program specifics. Our class is excited to get to know each one of you. 

Edited by szs153
  • Like 1

Hi all, 

It was so great meeting some of you this weekend during the Zoom Q&A! We had mentioned to be on the lookout for your individual schedule by email because our class had received them the week prior. This year, individual schedules will be distributed in-person the morning of your interview when you check in! We just learned of this news, so I wanted to pass it along so that no one is stressing out about not getting an email!

Safe travels to all! The class of 2024 looks forward to meeting you!

-Amanda

Edited by AmandaPeroe
  • Like 10

As we get closer I hope everyone is holding up to the pre-interview nerves. I know some of us expressed interest in meeting up. I'll be in Norfolk on Wednesday interviewing on Thursday. If anyone will be in the area Wednesday, walk around, grab food and help each other prepare PM me and we'll work something out! Otherwise, good luck everyone!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, FooturePA said:

As we get closer I hope everyone is holding up to the pre-interview nerves. I know some of us expressed interest in meeting up. I'll be in Norfolk on Wednesday interviewing on Thursday. If anyone will be in the area Wednesday, walk around, grab food and help each other prepare PM me and we'll work something out! Otherwise, good luck everyone!

Oh the nerves were good until I made my way to the airport!

I would love to meet and greet, but I land in Norfolk late! Can’t wait to start meeting everyone!

Safe travels and I’ll see everyone Thursday!

Hey fellow interviewees and current EVMS students,

I will be coming down to VB tomorrow from Pittsburgh, though I spent my first ten years in VB and my father is still in the area (working for Sentara, no less). My wife and I and our two-year old daughter are excited for this opportunity. Thank you to the current students who have gone above and beyond to help make this process a breeze. I wish I could've attended the icebreakers over the weekend but I am on a travel paramedic assignment and getting my backside kicked. 

I cannot wait to meet everyone and best wishes to all those interviewing. 

DU

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FooturePA said:

Thank you to all of the current students that helped make interviews a fun and almost relaxing experience. Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you all next year!

I completely agree!!! Thank you to ALL of the students, faculty, and community PAs who made it a great day. Also, thank you to Kate and the entire mentorship committee for helping make the day FAR less stressful. I can't wait to see you all in January!!!

• Like 3

Seriously, shout out to the students. I felt welcomed and cared about every step of the because y’all were with us EVERY step of the way throughout the day. The enthusiasm of my assigned PA-S and every student really was apparent from the moment y’all walked in the room. It is so encouraging to have that from upperclassmen and faculty during a stressful interview time. And I loved meeting everyone, hopefully we see each other next time as classmates!

• Like 4

Thank you to all the students and faculty!!! I felt so welcomed !! You definitely made a stressful situation so relaxed and easy going! Also!! It was soooo wonderful getting to know other interviewees!!! I have no idea how they are going to be able to narrow it down to 80 students. Everyone was so amazing ! Fingers crossed!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 6