Eastern Virginia Medical School Interviews 2022

32 minutes ago, patobe82 said:

This waiting is killing me!!! 

Just remember - they are making their decisions this week and next, so try not to fixate.  I know I'm stirring in my seat, but I'm trying to stay occupied to keep my mind off the process!  

What is everyone doing to stay cool, calm, and collected?

I'm back at work and teaching students.  Spent a day napping on and off after traveling to and from.  Going to celebrate my birthday over the weekend, but not sure what I'll do (triple digits here in Dallas)!    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DaynaMarie said:

Just remember - they are making their decisions this week and next, so try not to fixate.  I know I'm stirring in my seat, but I'm trying to stay occupied to keep my mind off the process!  

What is everyone doing to stay cool, calm, and collected?

I'm back at work and teaching students.  Spent a day napping on and off after traveling to and from.  Going to celebrate my birthday over the weekend, but not sure what I'll do (triple digits here in Dallas)!    

Doing the same thing I do every week . . . Trying to take over the world!

But really just working as a paramedic. Hanging out with my family. 

More than likely, based on previous years, we can expect offers Friday. So just a little bit longer. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, medic1210 said:

Doing the same thing I do every week . . . Trying to take over the world!

But really just working as a paramedic. Hanging out with my family. 

More than likely, based on previous years, we can expect offers Friday. So just a little bit longer. 

As in two days from now, or one week and two days?  😮 

I’m just working and spending time with family. But it’s definitely not helping keep my mind busy! I think I’m just at the point where I’m going to be anxious no matter what. Haha I’ve been hoping for this moment for a longgggg time and I can only hope they feel that I will be a good candidate for their program. 

im so excited for all of us! ❤️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaynaMarie said:

As in two days from now, or one week and two days?  😮 

As in two days from now. Looked back over a few years worth of threads and one week is the normal turnaround it seems. I think they give a 2-3 week timeframe for filling in the seats that are turned down through normal attrition. So they’ll likely send out 80 acceptances and the remaining 20 come from those that turn it down. So it’s like a 50/50 shot. For this, those are good odds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, medic1210 said:

As in two days from now. Looked back over a few years worth of threads and one week is the normal turnaround it seems. I think they give a 2-3 week timeframe for filling in the seats that are turned down through normal attrition. So they’ll likely send out 80 acceptances and the remaining 20 come from those that turn it down. So it’s like a 50/50 shot. For this, those are good odds. 

Yes and medic1210 remember they got there offers in the morning on Friday last year. This was different cause there normally in the afternoon around 1700 hours!! I felt amazing about the interviews and I’ve never felt that before. I hope we all get in!!! 

Edited by patobe82
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, paramedic2pa22 said:

I want to say thank you for the kind words. EVMS is what you saw and heard. Keep your head up and don’t check it too much. I have been there and been in your shoes. Everyone I met was great and got to say you got this. No one needs luck you deserved the right. 

Kenny D.

shout out to you Kenny! meeting you at the mixer and seeing you on the panel, I truly saw your experience and passion helping us interviewees. it’s just so encouraging to be welcomed and helped as interviewees…. imagine the love and support we would get as students here? EVMS was my #1 choice before the interview and the interview experience solidified that. appreciate you, and the rest of the students there at our interviews, so much

I didn’t see anything on my pURL saying anything about maintenance, still mentions my interview confirmation.

not trying to look into it too much until others start seeing pURL updates or emails. the waiting is killing me but gotta be patient. luckily I have errands today to hopefully keep me from checking every 2 minutes haha

and notification still may not be today? I saw a week based off of last years forum as well, but it’s a new cycle, back to in person, so who really knows

Edited by ponds

1 minute ago, hondo said:

It only said under maintenance for maybe 2 hours around midnight EST. Then went back to normal. 

Ah, okay. 

I'm assuming the earliest we would find out is either today or Monday, around 5pm, if EVMS notifies us in line with previous cycles.