A.T. Still - Central Coast 2022-2023

11 hours ago, NeuroNate24 said:

How can you be certain that every day was only 20 students?

I would say that we try to wait and not think about it. I see you guys are getting anxious and nervous. It is normal talk about other topic until then. Scholarships, grants, etc how will you pay for the two years room and board . Do you have to move? Will you work? Will it affect your relationship, Kids, etc. how will you commute if you are in state? Those topic.  Now let’s brain storm. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, niquemack said:
42 minutes ago, niquemack said:

I'm from this area born and raised! I haven't lived there for about 7 years, but my family is still there. If anyone has any questions about the area or housing, please feel free to reach out and I'll answer the best I can!

What are the name of the apartments that are within the area of the school? I’m a Louisiana girl so i’m pretty far away! & I have only been to LA. I’m not very familiar with the area. 

24 minutes ago, PAsm225 said:

So thankfully the campus is right off the 101 freeway which makes it easier to navigate if you can't find something close but there's Azure Apartments, Refugio Apartments, Amara Apartments, La Vista Apartments, etc. I also would suggest looking in Nipomo, CA, Orcutt, CA, or Arroyo Grande, CA. Those are all the neighboring towns. AG is probably going to be more expensive but is a very nice safe area and about a 20 minute drive. Just pay attention to where you look at apartments because Santa Maria has some dangerous areas within the city. I grew up a few towns north of Santa Maria, but we have plenty of friends/family in the area that I can ask if there's any more specific questions! Also since I'm in the south now too, utility bills are just as outrageous as the rent so take that into account when finding a space. Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, niquemack said:

So thankfully the campus is right off the 101 freeway which makes it easier to navigate if you can't find something close but there's Azure Apartments, Refugio Apartments, Amara Apartments, La Vista Apartments, etc. I also would suggest looking in Nipomo, CA, Orcutt, CA, or Arroyo Grande, CA. Those are all the neighboring towns. AG is probably going to be more expensive but is a very nice safe area and about a 20 minute drive. Just pay attention to where you look at apartments because Santa Maria has some dangerous areas within the city. I grew up a few towns north of Santa Maria, but we have plenty of friends/family in the area that I can ask if there's any more specific questions! Also since I'm in the south now too, utility bills are just as outrageous as the rent so take that into account when finding a space. Hope this helps!

Thank You!

19 hours ago, niquemack said:

I'm from this area born and raised! I haven't lived there for about 7 years, but my family is still there. If anyone has any questions about the area or housing, please feel free to reach out and I'll answer the best I can!

How do I reach out to you?

3 hours ago, laxpa23 said:

what school code did you use for you fasfa app?

There wasn’t a specific central coast ATSU that I could find, just the main ATSU health science which was G02477! That’s what is making me wonder if we are supposed to wait until acceptance, not sure!

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 7:58 AM, Potassium said:

I would say that we try to wait and not think about it. I see you guys are getting anxious and nervous. It is normal talk about other topic until then. Scholarships, grants, etc how will you pay for the two years room and board . Do you have to move? Will you work? Will it affect your relationship, Kids, etc. how will you commute if you are in state? Those topic.  Now let’s brain storm. 

You are so right. Just from looking everyone is freaking out, which is okay but you propose great (fun) topics to speak on. I don't know if I plan on having a job, but I do plan on having some type of income that is flexible and I can do it to earn small income here and there (i.e., instacart or transcribing). You know things I can control when I can do it. LOANS for everything else to be honest. But I want to be smart, I've already started reviewing the rental market for the area and I am calculating potential loan or shall I say debt I may want to live comfortably. As for the second year "clinicals" it's hard to gauge when you don't know where you will be placed. But if I get Arizona, I think I will alright lol. 

On 5/16/2023 at 10:16 AM, niquemack said:

What’s the best area to send your kid to elementary school ? Lol 

1 hour ago, NantoPA said:

What’s the best area to send your kid to elementary school ? Lol 

For what my opinions worth lol, I would say any of the Arroyo Grande schools are pretty good! I'm not super familiar with specifics to particular elementary schools but overall that school district has always been good.

I reached out to a current student who told me that she got a phone call for her acceptance and apparently they called her a few times from an unknown number and didn’t answer till multiple attempts and never got an email. So she told me to just check my phone since they do call and not everyone gets the email but it populates on ur portal where u submitted your secondary. She said they called her in June a few times and the acceptance didn’t show till end of July on the portal. 

• Like 3

On 5/19/2023 at 10:04 AM, Omeldonia said:

I reached out to a current student who told me that she got a phone call for her acceptance and apparently they called her a few times from an unknown number and didn’t answer till multiple attempts and never got an email. So she told me to just check my phone since they do call and not everyone gets the email but it populates on ur portal where u submitted your secondary. She said they called her in June a few times and the acceptance didn’t show till end of July on the portal. 

do you happen to know what the phone number is or the area code? I get a lot of spam calls that I just ignore whenever I get them now. Thanks