A.T. Still - Central Coast 2022-2023

On 6/10/2023 at 11:16 AM, Futurepaca said:

I’m not able to login to canvas, any else have the same issue?

I am still able to login into canvas. Have you tried going back to the original email that CCPA sent you with the link to canvas and trying to log in using that link? I have had some issues in the past logging back in, but using their original link has always worked for me. 

17 minutes ago, taythepa2023 said:

I am wondering if they interviewed every person that applied? Maybe that’s why it is taking so long to narrow down?

From what I have heard, thousands apply. It gets narrowed down to about 150 for interviews. That is a contributing factor to the time that it takes to hear back. Also, they do look at everything in the application. 

53 minutes ago, taythepa2023 said:

I am wondering if they interviewed every person that applied? Maybe that’s why it is taking so long to narrow down?

From my knowledge the last interview date was April 17th, so there were 5 interview slots. In the virtual info session they said they interviewed around 200-250 candidates. And I believe PA Wilson mentioned it takes about 30min to completely review each candidate. So 30min x 250 applicants = 7,500 minutes (125 hours). And they probably have to review some candidates profiles multiple times. We also have to keep in mind, that in addition to being on the admissions committee. They are also instructors for the current cohort, so they’re probably very busy and it’s not like they can solely focus on admissions. I know it’s frustrating, but just gotta be patient because they are probably trying their best to select the best candidates. 

Edited by tormund
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tormund said:

From my knowledge the last interview date was May 17th, so there were 5 interview slots. In the virtual info session they said they interviewed around 200-250 candidates. We also have to keep in mind, that in addition to being on the admissions committee. They are also instructors for the current cohort, so they’re probably very busy and it’s not like they can solely focus on admissions. 

Great info!