2022-2023 Application Cycle

10 minutes ago, OllieC said:

Waitlist gang coming in strongggggg! I think the unknown is just a bummer, with being an out of state applicant, hard to know like, ok do I look for somewhere to possibly live, do I not, that kind of stuff. 

yeah i had to really start planning the logistics of it because of the 10 days you have to accept if one were to get accepted and i fell so deep into envisioning myself there lol but it is what it is but im proud of all of us for making it this far

Edited by app2223
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, hmc713 said:

Don’t be disappointed! Even receiving an interview at the #1 program in the country is an amazing achievement! Hang in there❤️

I appreciate you! Taking the little wins as they come. It was one of the first interviews i ever felt comfortable in and the people there are amazing so im grateful for that experience

• Like 2

Hello all, 

I just received an invitation for October 26th and I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

My stats:

CASPA calculated total GPA 3.39, science GPA 3.28

GRE Total 319, Verbal Reasoning 163, Quantitative 156, Analytical Writing 4.0

Volunteering: 100 hours of various community work with my sorority in college, ~50 hours with the Children's Book Bank and other literacy programs

Shadowing: 6 hours with a trauma PA

Patient Care Hours: 3,180 (and continuing to grow)

Healthcare Hours: 1,644 (and continuing to grow)

Total Paid Hours: 4,824

I hope my statistics give people a lot of hope!!!!!! I did not have the financial opportunity to retake classes (I have 5 C's in physics, bio, and ochem) so I have worked very very hard at my CNA II job and served on the Shared Governance Council on my unit at the hospital and won several honors and achievements such as the Outstanding Preceptor Award. I also pushed to find a PA to meet with several times and ask for a letter of recommendation this year. Last year I did not have any letters of recommendation from a PA. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, ClareGhil said:

Hello all, 

I just received an invitation for October 26th and I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

My stats:

CASPA calculated total GPA 3.39, science GPA 3.28

GRE Total 319, Verbal Reasoning 163, Quantitative 156, Analytical Writing 4.0

Volunteering: 100 hours of various community work with my sorority in college, ~50 hours with the Children's Book Bank and other literacy programs

Shadowing: 6 hours with a trauma PA

Patient Care Hours: 3,180 (and continuing to grow)

Healthcare Hours: 1,644 (and continuing to grow)

Total Paid Hours: 4,824

I hope my statistics give people a lot of hope!!!!!! I did not have the financial opportunity to retake classes (I have 5 C's in physics, bio, and ochem) so I have worked very very hard at my CNA II job and served on the Shared Governance Council on my unit at the hospital and won several honors and achievements such as the Outstanding Preceptor Award. I also pushed to find a PA to meet with several times and ask for a letter of recommendation this year. Last year I did not have any letters of recommendation from a PA. 

Congratulations! And good luck with your interview! Would you mind sharing when you submitted your application? Thank you!!