2022-2023 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Ecaparoso said:

On Duke's application confirmation email, they stated it could take up to 6 weeks for a status update during peak times. It's been 9 weeks status post submitting. Should I email the program and follow up?

The email stated it would take at least 6 weeks and not to contact them until December 1 if you've not heard from them by then. But I hear ya: it's been over 14 weeks and I haven't heard from them either.

Hang in there! There's definitely hope. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, hello1698 said:

Does anyone have any idea of what this interview will be like? I am trying to mentally prepare a bit before next week! 

It was, as many students and faculty say, very conversational. They do a lot to put you at ease and connect you to other applicants. I wasn't sure I wanted to be in the mingle room on Zoom but I'm glad I joined as it made it feel more of a connected experience. Good luck!

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I submitted CASPA in May, completed supplemental in June, interviewed 9/13, was waitlisted and received an acceptance email on 10/12. I accepted. Just wanted to share that waitlist is moving 🙂 even during the interview cycle. Also, is there a groupchat of accepted students…? 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, isvian said:

Hi everyone, I submitted CASPA in May, completed supplemental in June, interviewed 9/13, was waitlisted and received an acceptance email on 10/12. I accepted. Just wanted to share that waitlist is moving 🙂 even during the interview cycle. Also, is there a groupchat of accepted students…? 

omg congrats! that's nice to hear that the WL is moving for some people ❤️ 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, NDJR7 said:

The email stated it would take at least 6 weeks and not to contact them until December 1 if you've not heard from them by then. But I hear ya: it's been over 14 weeks and I haven't heard from them either.

Hang in there! There's definitely hope. 🙂 

The email also says the only send interview invites until late October 😩

I also haven’t heard anything and it’s been over 6 weeks! Wishing the best for everyone

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MorganWoodruff said:

The email also says the only send interview invites until late October 😩

I also haven’t heard anything and it’s been over 6 weeks! Wishing the best for everyone

Right??? That makes me a little nervous too...

But hey, we haven't been rejected yet! So there's always that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NDJR7 said:

Right??? That makes me a little nervous too...

But hey, we haven't been rejected yet! So there's always that.

Yeah, I submitted late (8/9 fully complete) and am nervous since it’s been 10+ weeks and nothing. I’m a very low GPA applicant with an upward trend and a (subjectively) good app otherwise. I’m not expecting anything but not hearing back has me hoping I’m still in the running somehow. Fingers crossed for us! 😊

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, microscopicblackhole said:

Yeah, I submitted late (8/9 fully complete) and am nervous since it’s been 10+ weeks and nothing. I’m a very low GPA applicant with an upward trend and a (subjectively) good app otherwise. I’m not expecting anything but not hearing back has me hoping I’m still in the running somehow. Fingers crossed for us! 😊

Heck yeah! All appendages crossed for us all. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kay2022 said:

Does anyone know how many people have been accepted? I feel like there haven't been enough acceptances to be done with interview invitations by the end of October, but I could totally be wrong! What do you guys think?

When I interviewed they said they accept 20 per interview week. And I think they’ve done 2 rounds? So it shouldddddd only be like half full so far.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MorganWoodruff said:

Have you seen anyone get a rejection email without interview? I know some schools just ghost you. 

Only one person in the forum has gotten a rejection, presumably without an interview (they didn't clarify). But it seems like they're likely to start rejecting once their cohort is full. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, MorganWoodruff said:

Okay, so they're probably sending invitations out through late-October for interviews in November? That makes me slightly more comfortable, but not much! 🤣

I would assume so? But i wouldnt be surprised if theyre building an interview waitlist like they've been doing previous years. i honestly dont know but last years thread seems to correlate with this years pretty well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FuturePA2324 said:

Hi everyone! I was wondering if a few of you, that were either accepted or denied, could share your stats (GRE, GPA, PCE, shadowing, major of study, etc). I'm trying to get an idea of if I'd have a good chance of acceptance. Thanks in advance🙂

4.5 GPA, 345 GRE, 90K PCE, and biology.

jk, 3.6, 300, 17K PCE and still biology. 
Duke really does seem to pick a mix of candidates though, not as stats focused. My interview group was super diverse in life experiences and I think that’s more so what they’re looking for. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, OllieC said:

4.5 GPA, 345 GRE, 90K PCE, and biology.

jk, 3.6, 300, 17K PCE and still biology. 
Duke really does seem to pick a mix of candidates though, not as stats focused. My interview group was super diverse in life experiences and I think that’s more so what they’re looking for. 

I almost shat myself. Got me in the first half ngl

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2