2022-2023 Application Cycle

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who received the supplemental link, did they have you submit more letters of rec? I haven't received a link yet and want to make sure I ask my evaluators to do all my supplemental evaluations at once so I don't bug them too much lol. Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm an incoming Duke student of the class of 2024. I was just in your shoes last year and I know how nerve-wracking everything was. Even now, seeing posts about CASPA and courses still gives me PTSD haha! I would be glad to give back and help future DPAP students however I can, so feel free to ask me questions. 

I wish everyone the best of luck! The whole application cycle can feel so long, but before you know it, it'll be time for interviews and acceptances, and then you'll be in my shoes: filled with excitement and ready to start! You guys got this!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, asantos23 said:

Hi everyone! I'm an incoming Duke student of the class of 2024. I was just in your shoes last year and I know how nerve-wracking everything was. Even now, seeing posts about CASPA and courses still gives me PTSD haha! I would be glad to give back and help future DPAP students however I can, so feel free to ask me questions. 

I wish everyone the best of luck! The whole application cycle can feel so long, but before you know it, it'll be time for interviews and acceptances, and then you'll be in my shoes: filled with excitement and ready to start! You guys got this!!!

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats from when you were accepted?

Sure!

My cGPA and sGPA were both around 3.6. GRE was 317, and I had about 8000 hours of PCE as an RN (definitely where my application shined). I also had some bad grades on my transcript, as well as some classes I had to retake. Some classmates had higher GPA's and lower PCE. Truly, I think it's about looking at what your personal strengths are and focusing on that. I never thought I would get accepted to Duke when I saw other people applying with higher GPA's than me, but it's possible!