Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science PA Program: Application Cycle 2022-2023

Received an interview! Good luck to everyone 🙂

Submitted 6/3

Confirmation: 6/7 and paid fee on 6/8/

Invitation to interview 7/12/22 

Interview date: 10/21 (when I went to sign up all 3 earlier dates were full )

Stats:

cGPA: 3.91

sGPA: 3.94

PCE: 2008

HCE: 408

Virtual shadowing: 32

Volunteer: 351

GRE: 323 Writing: 5.5 

4 LORs: 2 professors, 1 Physician, 1 PA

57 minutes ago, AspiringPAc said:

Just to let you all know, I applied back in the beginning of June and have not heard anything so I called RFU and they told me their PA program is estimated to receive 4,000apps this cycle so they are taking their time before sending out decisions for interviews! 

A lot of people have received interview invites and rejections. They have interview slots filled up through September already. I believe the first interview date is July 22nd, but there may have been one sooner. I know I've seen a lot of post for July 22nd interviews though.

7 hours ago, AspiringPAc said:

Just to let you all know, I applied back in the beginning of June and have not heard anything so I called RFU and they told me their PA program is estimated to receive 4,000apps this cycle so they are taking their time before sending out decisions for interviews! 

4000?! Sheesh , crossing fingers 😳 

I got an interview today! Only the October and November interview dates were open, so I signed up for the October interview date. Just to give you guys a timeline of when I submitted:

Submitted CASPA: June 6

Paid supplemental: June 7

Application file complete: June 8

Interview received July 19

So about ~6 weeks from my application completion date.

• Like 1

Little nervous about my interview date since it’s the very last one. Wouldn’t it be more competitive since it’s the last interview date with limited seats?

Submitted application through caspa: 06/26

verified: 06/24

Processing fee: 06/24

Received interview invitation: 07/19

Interview date: 11/18  

Wow, my application was finalized mid-June and I did not think all the interview slots would be filled by now. Does anyone know if they accept a certain number of applicants after each interview date or just fill the class as needed until January? Could they potentially not have a January interview date if the class is full? Thank you in advance! Just panicking over here. 

On 7/22/2022 at 9:51 AM, chiprepa said:

Wow, my application was finalized mid-June and I did not think all the interview slots would be filled by now. Does anyone know if they accept a certain number of applicants after each interview date or just fill the class as needed until January? Could they potentially not have a January interview date if the class is full? Thank you in advance! Just panicking over here. 

At Saturday's event Luis said they received approximately 1000 applications in May and another 800 in June. One of my grades was held up and unfortunately I also ended up applying mid-June which sucks. He said they haven't even made it through all of the June applications yet, and they do go in order. I will say, Rosalind has always been very vocal about filling their seats as they come in, so the earlier you apply the better chance you have. They also have very few prereqs, no entrance exams, and a low GPA requirement meaning they get twice as many apps as other schools.

• Like 1