Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science PA Program: Application Cycle 2022-2023

6 hours ago, Jmiller22 said:

Has anyone else heard anything back recently/this week? I applied 5/25 and haven’t gotten an interview invite or a denial, I’m still holding out hope 😅

I was verified May 30th and still haven't heard anything 😞  I know that no news is good news but if they're already on September interviews I feel like my chances are getting slim 

On 6/14/2022 at 8:44 PM, icecreamqueen8 said:

I was verified May 30th and still haven't heard anything 😞  I know that no news is good news but if they're already on September interviews I feel like my chances are getting slim 

The program does interviews once a month until January, there is still plenty of time to receive an invite! Stay positive and it is true that no new is good news! 

Edited by CarlosE
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, ehenvie said:

I am taking Biochem this summer and will be done in August. I applied but haven't heard anything back. We shall see what happens!

Same I start Biochem Monday all the way until Aug 20th. Let me know if you hear anything before then. Good luck with your course ! 

On 6/6/2022 at 6:02 PM, TallPAJay said:

Hey I applied May 6 and was eventually rejected as well. I scheduled a virtual session with Luis after requesting application feedback. 

I met the application requirements but there were aspects of my application that were considered non-competitive. 

Ex. For shadowing hrs, I had a total of 160, 40 of which were with a PA. They consider 60 hrs to be competitive. They wanted to see around 800 volunteer hours and 600 leadership hours. This is what they mean when they say it’s competitive to get in. 

Best wishes to everyone applying, and keep your head up. 

Where have you heard about the competitiveness of shadowing hours? I generally heard that if you have 20-30 shadowing hours, you’ve done your due diligence to shadow and they don’t care so much about shadowing past that (they as in all schools). Who have you spoken to about the antithesis to this info? Thanks!

3 hours ago, ESS16 said:

Where have you heard about the competitiveness of shadowing hours? I generally heard that if you have 20-30 shadowing hours, you’ve done your due diligence to shadow and they don’t care so much about shadowing past that (they as in all schools). Who have you spoken to about the antithesis to this info? Thanks!

I don't think I had any shadowing hours technically. I have hours that definitely could count towards them but they are low and I'm pretty sure I didn't end up listing them. I received an interview invite. 

1 hour ago, mitskistan69 said:

I don't think I had any shadowing hours technically. I have hours that definitely could count towards them but they are low and I'm pretty sure I didn't end up listing them. I received an interview invite. 

When did you receive an interview invite?

On 6/6/2022 at 3:02 PM, TallPAJay said:

Hey I applied May 6 and was eventually rejected as well. I scheduled a virtual session with Luis after requesting application feedback. 

I met the application requirements but there were aspects of my application that were considered non-competitive. 

Ex. For shadowing hrs, I had a total of 160, 40 of which were with a PA. They consider 60 hrs to be competitive. They wanted to see around 800 volunteer hours and 600 leadership hours. This is what they mean when they say it’s competitive to get in. 

Best wishes to everyone applying, and keep your head up. 

Did you speak to someone, and were told this? I was offered an interview 3 days after applying with only 20hrs of virtual shadowing and 150hrs volunteer hours. 

5 hours ago, mitskistan69 said:

What were your stats if you don’t mind sharing? I applied 6/1 and have yet to hear anything. I also didn’t have many shadowing hours so I was nervous that could be a factor.