Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science PA Program: Application Cycle 2022-2023

I completed my application yesterday and received an email that said my application is ready for committee review. Do they send an email when I officially go under review, or will I just have to wait and see how long they take to get back to me? First time applying, super nervous but hoping for the best!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAstudent234 said:

I completed my application yesterday and received an email that said my application is ready for committee review. Do they send an email when I officially go under review, or will I just have to wait and see how long they take to get back to me? First time applying, super nervous but hoping for the best!

Not quite sure to be honest. It might be the case that they send us an email when they officially start reviewing or just when we’re complete and ready for the next step. It looks like there turn around time is quick. But I haven’t heard anything since my complete email.  

it’s my first time applying. I’m checking my email everyday hoping to get some interviews soon. totally not ready for this waiting game that will ensue. 

has anyone heard back for interviews this week ? 

9 hours ago, DAZCAL said:

Congrats on your interview! Were your letter of recs from the PA, MD, and NP also? I saw on their website they highly recommend one from a teacher and I am just curious if it is possible to get an interview without that. Thanks!

Thanks! My letters were from an MD, PA, and o-chem professor. 

13 hours ago, FutRaenpa said:

Does anyone know how the secondary app part works? I read that we will be notified when to pay the fee but I was hoping someone could show a screenshot of how that email looks. First time applicant and super nervous so don’t want to miss something important. 

It should be an email from RFU stating they have received your app and a link on that same email to view your app checklist where you will pay your fee! Hope this helps and good luck!

7C8B4BF2-7D3F-405A-93AA-5E3F1864493D.jpeg

On 5/26/2022 at 4:27 PM, hannaatl said:

heard back 5/26, they haven’t offered me an interview yet but said they completed my application review and are holding it for further consideration. Fingers crossed! This is my second cycle 

did you get an email when your application initially went under review? I have only received a verification of completion email and haven't heard anything since. 

14 hours ago, ehenvie said:

I applied today. My application is being verified by CASPA. I am pending one prereq but mentioned it on there as I am taking it this summer.  Once verified I am assuming I'll get an e-mail stating that the school received it?  When do we fill out the supplemental fee? 

You will get an email from RFU when they received it. It will include a link to their portal and you will be able to pay the supplemental fee then

Application File Complete: 5/20 

Interview Invite: 6/1

July slot taken up so interviewing in August!

I would offer my stats for anyone who wants to see them but this whole process is holistic. Stats are only just numbers and RFU is a school that looks at the entire application. Please do not compare yourselves to others!! Everyone has been through different journeys and each one of you have something special in your apps that others may not! Trust the process and all will go as planned! Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FuturePA1223 said:

I would offer my stats for anyone who wants to see them but this whole process is holistic. Stats are only just numbers and RFU is a school that looks at the entire application. Please do not compare yourselves to others!! Everyone has been through different journeys and each one of you have something special in your apps that others may not! Trust the process and all will go as planned! Good luck everyone!

Can u share your stats? 

On 6/1/2022 at 9:05 AM, FuturePA1223 said:

It should be an email from RFU stating they have received your app and a link on that same email to view your app checklist where you will pay your fee! Hope this helps and good luck!

7C8B4BF2-7D3F-405A-93AA-5E3F1864493D.jpeg

Thank you so much I did get the email this morning! Good luck to you!

• Like 1

Congratulations!! What date is the Interview in August, and is it on campus or online ? I am not sure if anyone answered this but does Rosalind utilize MMI or traditional interview methods?

I was complete around the same time. I am hoping that we hear some good news in the next few weeks.  

On 6/2/2022 at 11:29 AM, FuturePA1223 said:

1 hour ago, CreativePA123 said:

Congratulations!! What date is the Interview in August, and is it on campus or online ? I am not sure if anyone answered this but does Rosalind utilize MMI or traditional interview methods?

I was complete around the same time. I am hoping that we hear some good news in the next few weeks.  

Thank you so much! The date is Aug 19th and the interview will be online! RFU uses MMI! Good luck to you!

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 11:52 AM, Chi99 said:

Should I be worried if I haven't heard back from them yet? I submitted in early May

Same here!! I submitted on 5/16 and received 2 confirmation emails on 5/19. One email said they received my app, and the other said my application is complete & ready for review by the committee. 

19 hours ago, fiskx049 said:

Application file complete may 18th. Rejection email today. Good luck everyone!

Hey I applied May 6 and was eventually rejected as well. I scheduled a virtual session with Luis after requesting application feedback. 

I met the application requirements but there were aspects of my application that were considered non-competitive. 

Ex. For shadowing hrs, I had a total of 160, 40 of which were with a PA. They consider 60 hrs to be competitive. They wanted to see around 800 volunteer hours and 600 leadership hours. This is what they mean when they say it’s competitive to get in. 

Best wishes to everyone applying, and keep your head up. 

Edited by TallPAJay
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TallPAJay said:

Hey I applied May 6 and was eventually rejected as well. I scheduled a virtual session with Luis after requesting application feedback. 

I met the application requirements but there were aspects of my applicant that were considered non-competitive. 

Ex. For shadowing hrs, I had a total of 160, 40 of which were with a PA. They consider 60 hrs to be competitive. They wanted to see around 800 volunteer hours and 600 leadership hours. This is what they mean when they say it’s competitive to get in. 

Best wishes to everyone applying, and keep your head up. 

Hey,

mind sharing your gpa as well? It would help me give an idea of where i stand?