Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science PA Program: Application Cycle 2022-2023

Some insight I can give is that the school really values diversity (whether this is in PCE or personal identity and background) and they try to build up a class of students that they think will get along well. Rosalind's minimum prereqs are also a lot more accessible than many other schools so they receive a lot of applications and they really look at applications holistically. If you get rejected (from any school) it may not be a sign that something is wrong with your app or with the school. It simply may just be that you didn't seem like a good fit for what the school is looking for or trying to build in their class. That being said, they usually do interview up until the end of the year and I don't think they've even started filling the slots for those last couple months. 

Edited by mitskistan69
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

For those who are still waiting to hear back. Stop comparing stats. Comparing stats at a school like Rosalind is not going to help you. They are going to accept 4.0s and 2.75's. They are about holistic review and diversity. So, if a 2.75 cumulative applicant has 20K of high ranking PCE and they have a 3.8 post-bacc GPA and a 4.0 pre-req GPA, they may still be accepted over a 3.6, 2K hour applicant. We all have different stories and hurdles and schools like Rosalind respect that. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you as an applicant, and the more you compare yourself with others, the more discouraged you will be. Additionally, so much more goes into an application than GPA and hours. You aren't going to know how someone presents themselves in their essay and experiences from their stats. 

Rosalind has not filled their class. The last interview date as of now is in December. I just checked and it isn't full yet. They will not fill their class until they finish their interviews.

You've all got this, you deserve this. Good luck!

• Like 7

I’m a second time applicant at Rosalind. I interviewed with them last cycle and got placed on a waitlist. Unfortunately for me, the last person they accepted off of the waitlist was two ranks above me (I know! 😞 )I was lucky enough to interview with them again this cycle.
If there’s anything I know about RFU it’s that they really do a holistic review of every application they get (and they get a lot of those, in fact more than most schools). They really look at all aspects of your application. And Ofcourse, they’re also trying to see if youre a good fit for the program. 

and don’t worry, they won’t fill up all the seats until they interview everyone. My previous cycle interview was in January this year and their last interview was in February. After they’re done accepting people from the interviews, they make a waitlist, rank the waitlist and start accepting people off of the waitlist as seats open up.