NHSC Scholarship 2022-2023

1 minute ago, Drom117 said:

I was looking at previous scholarship years on student doctor network and some people who were rejected claimed they didn't get a credit check. 

I don’t think anyones gotten a credit check just yet though. 
It’s still pretty early in the process 🙂

3 hours ago, Drom117 said:

I was looking at previous scholarship years on student doctor network and some people who were rejected claimed they didn't get a credit check. 

And by the same token I've seen previous posts mentioning they DID receive the scholarship even without getting a credit checked. So don't be afraid in case you don't get one (even though you should).

Also, how old were those posts you found?

Edited by azkid

4 minutes ago, azkid said:

And by the same token I've seen previous posts mentioning they DID receive the scholarship even without getting a credit checked. So don't be afraid in case you get one (even though you should).

Also, how old were those posts you found?

A couple years old. They might have even gotten the Credit Check and didn't realize.

I wasn't trying to freak anyone out, though I see how I came off that way. I was actually trying to sound encouraging for when people did get credit checks. Whoops

16 minutes ago, Shooper said:

Looks like they checked my credit today! Anyone else get a credit check? Seems early to get one based on previous years, anyone else get a credit check? 

I also receieved a credit check today! Last year, they started running credit checks June 14th. 

One of my classmates got a credit check in the last 24 hours, I haven't yet, and we both applied. I wonder in what order they do them? My last name starts with D, hers with P, so not sure.

Makes me a little stressed that I don't have one yet since people started getting them.

13 minutes ago, Chispa said:

One of my classmates got a credit check in the last 24 hours, I haven't yet, and we both applied. I wonder in what order they do them? My last name starts with D, hers with P, so not sure.

Makes me a little stressed that I don't have one yet since people started getting them.

I understand, I'm nervous too. But don't give up hope yet! They do multiple rounds of credit checks each year. They have until September 30th to make any final decisions, so there's still plenty of time.

Edited by Drom117

6 minutes ago, eventuallyPA said:

Is there a significance to the credit check? Like do only a certain group of people get it or does that mean they will be sending us a response or something sooner?

i’m not sure anyone really knows haha. Some people from previous cycles got a credit check and got accepted, some got rejected. Some apparently didn’t get notified about a credit check at all yet got accepted. I think we’re all just speculating lolol.

• Like 2