A.T. Still - Central Coast 2021-2022

Did anyone attend the info session? I had a conflicting event so wasn't able to attend. Would love to know if anyone learned anything about the Community Health Centers (CHCs) we will be sent to for our clinical year. Does anyone know how much of a choice we have in regards to picking which CHC we go to (are there limited spots, if so, who gets first choice and do we just stay at one CHC)? Would also love to know if you learned anything new/interesting about the program in general!  

On 5/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, angelicamber said:

Did anyone attend the info session? I had a conflicting event so wasn't able to attend. Would love to know if anyone learned anything about the Community Health Centers (CHCs) we will be sent to for our clinical year. Does anyone know how much of a choice we have in regards to picking which CHC we go to (are there limited spots, if so, who gets first choice and do we just stay at one CHC)? Would also love to know if you learned anything new/interesting about the program in general!  

They let you put your top 3 choices for CHCs and they do their best to take it into consideration, but it isn't a guarantee. The program tries to put you along with others where they see you might perform the best and learn the most. It's one CHC the entire year, divided into 4 terms and each term is approximately 10-12 weeks with some time-off in between terms. 5 students assigned to a CHC.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arid1 said:

They let you put your top 3 choices for CHCs and they do their best to take it into consideration, but it isn't a guarantee. The program tries to put you along with others where they see you might perform the best and learn the most. It's one CHC the entire year, divided into 4 terms and each term is approximately 10-12 weeks with some time-off in between terms. 5 students assigned to a CHC.

Wow, thank you for your insight. That gives me a lot to think about. I know it'd only be for a year, but I personally would be really disappointed if I was sent to a CHC in an area I didn't like.

For the modules you will sign a confidentiality agreement to not disclose what kind of questions are on there.

I will say that the classes you have already taken are 10000000x harder than what is on the modules, and there was no camera for mine.

Also, you guys are signing up for a program that is much harder than anything any of us has done in our lives. If these modules scare you, buckle up for PA school.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kmendez said:

Has anyone gotten any word about when we will start receiving interview invites? Dying to know over here.

The coordinator during the information session on Saturday said that maybeeeee they will try to send out interview invites this week but she wasn't 100% sure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/29/2022 at 10:42 PM, nohrakana said:

I submitted my application and haven’t heard anything. Is this normal? It’s been over a week. 

also- what are the modules that people have mentioned?

This thread is for the 2021-2022 cycle, deadline was April 30th. You likely applied for the 2022-2023 cycle, correct? If so, you probably won't hear back until the later part of the year. The modules are one step of the interview process you must complete prior to any interviews, if you pass the screening process.

Edited by Arid1

On 5/31/2022 at 9:06 AM, Arid1 said:

This thread is for the 2021-2022 cycle, deadline was April 30th. You likely applied for the 2022-2023 cycle, correct? If so, you probably won't hear back until the later part of the year. The modules are one step of the interview process you must complete prior to any interviews, if you pass the screening process.

Hello, you are mistaken about the admissions cycle as there are two concurrent admissions cycles ongoing. Interviews are still being conducted for 2021-2022 cycle with Fall start. 

3 minutes ago, shyanimelover said:

I just received invite for step 2b but the link is not working. Anyone else having issues 

3 minutes ago, Arid1 said:

Yep I've already emailed them back letting them know

yeah I'm having issues too with the link. 

the link just goes to a page that says:

{ "errors": [ { "message": "permission denied", "code": "1100" } ] }

2 minutes ago, ekgpa said:

yeah I'm having issues too with the link. 

the link just goes to a page that says:

{ "errors": [ { "message": "permission denied", "code": "1100" } ] }

Okay I thought it was just me hahaha nice to know they’ll eventually resend the link