2021-2022 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, thebecomingPA said:

Update: Spoke to Ms Diana this morning regarding the BCM waitlist. This cycle and as of today only 4 applicants declined their acceptance out of the 40. What a ride! Fortunately I’ve been accepted elsewhere:) Best of luck to everyone! 

Do you know if they’ve already contacted those on the waitlist? 🙂 thanks for the update and keeping us in the loop!

19 hours ago, FellowprePA said:

Do you know if they’ve already contacted those on the waitlist? 🙂 thanks for the update and keeping us in the loop!

Yes they were sent out on Monday. They have until 12/17 to accept or decline their seat. All the best to those accepted and best of luck to everyone still waiting!!

Edited by thebecomingPA

On 12/1/2021 at 1:05 PM, Mumbowza said:

Hey y'all! My name's DJ. I'm a current second year student in the middle of clinical rotations at BCM. Congrats to everyone who got accepted! If you have any questions feel free to message me on here. 

Hey DJ do you know when we will be getting contacted by the class to start up group me or Facebook groups with our current class as well as a place to ask questions to older students like housing recommendations and things like that?

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if other students were still waiting on their background check link? Feeling a bit disheartened because of the lack of communication.

The only emails I’ve received are confirmation of my deposit and confirmation of my immunization forms approved. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KimCer said:

The only emails I’ve received are confirmation of my deposit and confirmation of my immunization forms approved. 

This is what I have received too. I am so excited so I hope we start getting more communication about our next steps. I know they’re busy and it’s a process, so I understand. But, I’m just anxious to hear from them again!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, PADAD2021 said:

Should Baylor PA students on the waitlist remain to be hopeful?  

Are all 40 slots filled?

I would suggest always being hopeful. From my own experience in the past, the waitlist may move again when financial aid packages are given out in spring, and again right before the start of a program when some accepted students that have other program acceptances are forced to decide on one program. 

Remember that in our orientation, Professor Elliott told us that in one of the cycles they accepted a student a few days before the start of the program and she had to fly in from abroad.

In addition to this, BCM is one of the few programs that allow conditional acceptances pending the completion of prerequisites by June. I'm not saying to root for your fellow applicants to fail a prereq, but I'm just saying to be optimistic and patient about the process. You can never know what will happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 8:11 PM, dovetail said:

https://www.bcm.edu/about-us/life-in-houston/living-in-houston/housing

There's a list of resources and housing locators on here, some of them work for free and only get a commission if you sign a lease

The current 1st year class will send you a document with all the places we live along with pros and cons of each. Some things I would strongly consider are places with free shuttles to BCM campus and safety of location (generally stay in the 610 loop, west of 288). 

- Current BCM 2nd year/clinicals student

On 2/8/2022 at 11:14 AM, FellowprePA said:

Anyone know the didactic year dress code? 

There is no dress code. Most of us wore casual/athletic clothing. Make sure you bring cool layers if you plan to walk to campus in the summer and sweatshirts for inside buildings. You are required to wear gym clothing for physical diagnosis classes to practice physical exams. You will need scrubs and some business casual outfits clinical year but are provided with hospital scrubs for didactic. 

- current second year/clinicals student

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 2:08 PM, FellowprePA said:

Just got accepted off the waitlist!! Y’all, keeping the hope is real. Good luck everyone :,) 

Congrats to you! Do you mind sharing you position on the waitlist? I'm #11-20 and trying to figure out how much hope I should have :,)

Also, does anyone know the latest date we would hear about being selected from the waitlist?

• 1 month later...

Good morning! It was a very difficult decision for me but I wanted to let everyone here know I officially gave up my seat this morning as I have ultimately decided to attend another program. I’m not sure if you know where you are on the waitlist, but congratulations to whoever is accepted next!