2021-2022 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, FUTUREPAAA2022 said:

For those who submit their app and received an interview or rejection, how long did it take to get those invite or rejection from the date you got the email verification? Thanks

I submitted 19 May, and I just received notification today. 

On 7/11/2021 at 12:52 AM, browens3pa said:

Anyone else applying? I just submitted my application two days ago so not expecting any correspondence for a while.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:46 PM, caliprepa2021 said:

Recently submitted my apps back in mid-June! I am so excited and nervous about applying but I am glad I found this forum! USC is one of my top choices and I actually found a girl on youtube who is going to USC’s pa school in the fall so I think I am going to watch her videos and see her experience at USC. 

6 hours ago, ramk4825 said:

got an interview invite today!! 

On 8/10/2021 at 4:40 PM, FromATCtoPAC said:

Oh man! So many interview invites! Congrats everyone! I'm hoping this means if they're also sending out rejections already too that no news is good*ish* news? Anyone else in the same boat? 

I haven't heard anything yet either! Sounds like most the invites were to people who applied in May. I was verified 6/11. Crossing my fingers!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 10:28 AM, futurepastudent111 said:

I haven't heard anything yet either! Sounds like most the invites were to people who applied in May. I was verified 6/11. Crossing my fingers!

Oh that's helpful to know! I was verified 6/30 so that likely puts us on similar timelines, thanks for sharing! Fingers crossed! 🙂

My friends! This is my second app cycle and I've already been denied from 3 schools w/o interview this cycle... so after 15 consecutive rejections in ~12 months --- I finally have my first PA school interview invite!! I got an email today from OHSU! I am beyond excited and finally feel so validated and encouraged. 🙂

(applied 6/30)

Those of us who feel like the underdogs - we can do this!! 🙂 I'm so excited for us!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, FromATCtoPAC said:

My friends! This is my second app cycle and I've already been denied from 3 schools w/o interview this cycle... so after 15 consecutive rejections in ~12 months --- I finally have my first PA school interview invite!! I got an email today from OHSU! I am beyond excited and finally feel so validated and encouraged. 🙂

(applied 6/30)

Those of us who feel like the underdogs - we can do this!! 🙂 I'm so excited for us!

Girl! I had seen your previous post and you seemed so invested that I invested! Haha

I got an interview today as well and immediately hopped on here and was hoping I'd see your post as well!

CONGRATS! Amazing job hanging in when the going got tough. Maybe we will see each other on Webex:)

Edited by Eemma
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eemma said:

Girl! I had seen your previous post and you seemed so invested that I invested! Haha

I got an interview today as well and immediately hopped on here and was hoping I'd see your post as well!

CONGRATS! Amazing job hanging in when the going go tough. Maybe we will see each other on Webex:)

Thank you!! 🙂 Congrats to you too and I hope we see each other virtually there! 

Got an interview invite today! 🙂 OHSU is one of my top picks. My app was verified on 6/6/21. 

cGPA - 3.4, sGPA - 3.39, last 60 - 4.0

PCE - ~8k as ophthalmology technician in retina, ~150 volunteer, 0 shadowing (boo pandemic)

CA resident, no connections to Portland. Congrats to all the other interview invitation recipients!!

Edited by SpencerDSG
  • Like 2

Guest anonRAM2023

Invite received! Applied 6/18. Won’t share my stats cuz they’re identifying but I will say that I have a low cGPA and high PCE hrs into the +15k range.